Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Gents,

I'm sure this has been done to death, but i need to replace my discs and pads all round as they are shot it.

Currently have Brembo discs (330 mm front) and pads, and will probably replace like for like. Eurocarparts have a 20% discount code online, so i can replace the lot for a little over £200 quid! How do new Brembos compare to say Ferodo DS2500 and drilled/grooved discs? I'm not into track days, and only use the car on sunny weekends! Not so keen on the 'squeal' from these track day type pads either.

Presumably i wouldn't experience any fade in the Brembo option?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
With 305's you shouldn't have any problems with brake fade on road. With 330's they should be adequate as standard for very fast road / light track use. With ds2500's fitted and standard discs they should cope with heavy track use.

Ds2500's squeal.

You should be able to get a set of 330's off eBay for £100 ish.

Don't bother with anything fancy in terms of discs for your intended use but go with a decent make and quality pads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Standard Brembo discs and pads are great in performance, unless you're planning to spend everyday on the track.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Have used them for several years, and never had them squeal...
I've got Tarox's (330 fronts) and high speed Tarox road pads on mine and it seems very good to me on road and track days, only thing is my wife Hates the noise. They squick like hell at times, usualy after rain. Not so often here, more often there:jester:.

Allan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts