Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone new here.... Currently own a 159 sw 2.4 qtronic ti... Which are quite rare in their own way.

At the minute so frustrated with not being able to purchase a 147 gta with a decent spec and history/owners, that I thought it be a good idea to post a wanted thread

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272269438436
The above was the car which I tried to buy from moment car was placed on eBay but the seller wouldn't allow me to come over or place deposit as he had given first refusal to someone else who then took a while to come over and decide to take and all the while keeping me in the waiting loop until it was gone...

So essentially after a not too high miles and owner car... Colour wise white would be willing to pay a premium but would consider red black etc and xenons would be a big plus

You can pm me or post here or even msg on my mobile 07770070073

Many thanks

Fizz

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good luck with your search Fizz, I'm sure you'll find the right one in time......shame to have missed out on that white one as looked really very nice :)

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thats the one to have ! You know the GTA selespeed system is not the same as the rest of the selespeeds used on Twin sparks etc. The GTA one is taken from Maserati I understand.
Take a look on ebay now. There is one in the colour you want with 33000 miles on it in a garage in Taunton. Looks good from the ad. Good luck.

·
Registered
558 Posts
What about the non-advertised one Veloces has at the minute? I saw that when I was over there to sell the wagon the other week. Import from Jersey with...8C red and stainless exhaust. I sat in it...stunning! Might be worth calling them. It'll be a lot but the only one in the UK/world?? With that special paint?

·
Registered
124 Posts
What about the non-advertised one Veloces has at the minute? I saw that when I was over there to sell the wagon the other week. Import from Jersey with...8C red and stainless exhaust. I sat in it...stunning! Might be worth calling them. It'll be a lot but the only one in the UK/world?? With that special paint?
So why didn't you take a pic lol, would love to see that !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That does sound like a nice car! Contemplating about another one from a member on here at the minute...

The Gta bug has caught me as I've agreed a 156 gta but still after a 147. So ill be selling my 159 sw Ti qtronic and the other halves 159 qtronic sw lusso (open to px with gta if someone is interested in them too)...

Thanks

Fizz

·
Registered
26 Posts
That does sound like a nice car! Contemplating about another one from a member on here at the minute...

The Gta bug has caught me as I've agreed a 156 gta but still after a 147. So ill be selling my 159 sw Ti qtronic and the other halves 159 qtronic sw lusso (open to px with gta if someone is interested in them too)...

Thanks

Fizz
By carauctionjapan.com you could buy a car in Japan.

I noticed that rhd ones are cheaper than lhd ones.

I bought mine second there, the first one (155Q4) arrives sunday at Amsterdam.

You can buy there cars with very low miles too

·
Registered
908 Posts
You can - it is a lottery though.

I have had 3 cars now - first needed some paintwork (which I knew about and expected)with 30k on the clock, the second was nearly pristine with 20k on the clock and my current GTA Selespeed with 40k on the clock. The GTA I am keeping however it was the worst of the three (although still in very very good condition).

Go in to it with your eyes open if going down the Japan route. Buy private through a broker instead of the auction cars. My GTA was private, single owner. If you wouldn't buy a car blind from an auction in the UK, don't even consider it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I begrudgingly sold my 159 TI SW because I had the v6 bug too...why not a GT 3.2?
Agree - The GT 3.2 is a better car than the 156/147 GTA and it's more practical, cheaper and better built. There are also a lot more to choose from.

OK, that's the grenade lobbed in; time to duck behind this low wall..........

:shoot:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Agree - The GT 3.2 is a better car than the 156/147 GTA and it's more practical, cheaper and better built. There are also a lot more to choose from.

OK, that's the grenade lobbed in; time to duck behind this low wall..........

:shoot:

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Is that a 1.9 diesel or a busso, cant tell as they look the same.............:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :thumbup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah they never did do a boring standard bodied GT - they all arrived from factory with silly sill extensions and swoopy arches :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts