Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says, can a 147 GTA rear hatch spolier be fitted to the non GTA 147s' easily enough or are some of the fixings in the rear window?

*Edited for Marksie;) *

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Re: 147 GTA rear spolier on lower models?

Not sure as dealer fitted mine when new, only thing I remember is that I was told I could only have the rear spoiler on a 3 door,
Will go for a look see, when I get a minute to see how it's fitted, unless someone who knows what they're talking about shows up first.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

actually I won't bother me head until you replace 'lower models' with 'non GTA models'

:p

:)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

actually I won't bother me head until you replace 'lower models' with 'non GTA models'

:p

:)

Ha ha...sorry about that. I was trying to think of a better way of putting it too;)

Edit coming up;)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
The supports sit on the window, but that might just be for show, might be fixed through the main body of the spoiler to the very top of the boot, can't tell without removing trim.

Pic

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just stuck on with sealer.

Sorry not much help

ps, look how f****** dusty it is already, and it's only Tuesday:mad:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The supports sit on the window, but that might just be for show, might be fixed through the main body of the spoiler to the very top of the boot, can't tell without removing trim.

Pic

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just stuck on with sealer.

Sorry not much help

ps, look how f****** dusty it is already, and it's only Tuesday:mad:
You are a star Marksie:D

Glad to know the support struct just sits on the window as that was my worry..thought it have bolts through the glass as some spoilers do.:eek:

Just needed to check before my other half decides on a subtle aftermarket one or the genuine GTA item.

And tell me about the dust! Mine had a clean again at the weekend..it is now covered in duts and bird crap:mad:

Thanks again mate:cool:

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The tailgate is the same for all versions. 3-dr, 5-dr, GTA.
So it will fit any of them.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I have the GTA spoiler. As already said, it fits all 147s. It is easy fit, just be prepared not to drive the car for 1 day to be sure; the sealer has to dry properly.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yer its just on with sealer mate
I have the GTA spoiler. As already said, it fits all 147s. It is easy fit, just be prepared not to drive the car for 1 day to be sure; the sealer has to dry properly.
So there are no bolts or fixings at all? Just sealer to the rear roofline and glass?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Nope, nothing....

On the glass there is only the rubber thingy which is not glued to the window

And one advice from me...NEVER wash you car in automated car wash...otherwise you might be looking at your GTA spoiler taking off and scraching your paint work...as I did once...

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
The tailgate is the same for all versions. 3-dr, 5-dr, GTA.
So it will fit any of them.
ah the salesbloke lied to me then, why am I not surprised, (was a bit suspect at the time 'cause I couldn't see a difference,)
didn't matter anyway I sacrificed extra doors for nice wheels :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts