Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of bringing the GTA back into what it should be and have noticed the previous owner has clear silicon goop between the rear spoiler and rear window. My question is should there be rubber gaskets fitted or has he used it to stick the spoiler in place? I ask this as the windscreen washer bottle had about a tube of silicon around it and believe it or not the after market ICE unit was siliconed into the dash, it took four hours to get it out! He also siliconed the door switch together costing me $500 to fix:furious::furious:.

Cheers
Allan

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
I'm sure the rear spoiler is bolted on.

Sounds like he had a silicone addiction...!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure the rear spoiler is bolted on.

Sounds like he had a silicone addiction...!!
Your not wrong about the silicone, thanks for that I will investigate further next week.

Allan

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Four nuts & washers hold the rear spoiler on.
It doesn't show a gasket, but it probably requires a measured amount of sealant around the holes to stop the car from filling up.

Reactions: Rachelba

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Four nuts & washers hold the rear spoiler on.
It doesn't show a gasket, but it probably requires a measured amount of sealant around the holes to stop the car from filling up.
Thanks for that thats a big help, how do
i get at the bolts It's silicon valley in this car. Believe it or not the previous owner was a radar tech, very scary!!!!!!:censored:

Cheers
Allan

·
Registered
124 Posts
How do you get to the bolts that hold the spoiler on ? My spoiler seems to be coming away ! Does the glass have to come out ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts