Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to get an LPG conversion done on my gta but want to hide the filler cap. The garage is happy to make a bracket up so the filler can go behind the rear bumper and come out in the corner of the rear plastic mesh (the opposite side to the exhaust). They are a little concerned it could get broken though and asked me to check it can be replaced before we commit to cutting it up.

I heard that the quad exhausts offered by auto delta come with a new insert for the bump with a cut out for the extra pipes. I guess this means you can change the mesh without too much difficulty?

The question is though can I get a new insert and if so where from and how much?

Regards

Adam

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
see if you can find the part number on eper.fiatforum.com, it will tell you the price, it doesnt tell you how long you will have to wait for delivery :)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see if you can find the part number on eper.fiatforum.com, it will tell you the price, it doesnt tell you how long you will have to wait for delivery :)
It isn't a big deal so long as I can get it. One of the main things for me with this LPG is that I don't ruin the look of the car. I spent over a hour at the garage I want to do it working out ways to minimise the visual impact on the body, interior and engine. I am quite pleased they can do it the way I want.

Please understand that I do appreciate that I have a very special car on my drive in a special colour which needs to be preserved. It is after all a future classic but unfortunalty this is the era of the labour government who, ontop of raping my wallet each month to give benefits to give some druggies in a hostal £100 pocket money a week also put extortionate duty on fuel so what else can you do?

·
Registered
153 Posts
have to admit mate, everytime i see the pic of your car i do think, nice car, nice colour! cant say ive seen one like it around ever!?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In have had a look at the given links and I have to say spot on. Really helpful and thankyou.

Surprisingly the mesh is quite cheap. I was expecting it to cost a Million Jillion Pounds. I know that is what renault would charge (which ar ethe cars I used to have). I was quoted £250 for a rad fan without the bracket (which was about another hundred or something rediculous)

·
Registered
1 Posts
In have had a look at the given links and I have to say spot on. Really helpful and thankyou.

Surprisingly the mesh is quite cheap. I was expecting it to cost a Million Jillion Pounds. I know that is what renault would charge (which ar ethe cars I used to have). I was quoted £250 for a rad fan without the bracket (which was about another hundred or something rediculous)

Did you end up getting the mesh and where from ? getting the quad system done to my car and cant find it anywhere.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts