Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just changed the radiator on my 147 GTA using the guides elsewhere on the forum (Great fun in the wind and rain - first diassemble half the car). Upon refilling with water, a leak occurred from the bottom quickfit 90 degree plastic connector. I've removed the connector and pulled out the 'O' ring which appears intact and not damaged but presumably a little flattened hence not sealing.

Is a leak here normal? Do people usually use silicone? Can you buy just the 'O' ring?

Pretty fed up this now means I have to drive a vauxhall vectra tomorrow morning.

Any help welcome,

Cheers,

Buzz1

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there, and welcome to AO :thumbs:

I've not changed the rad on my GTA, but I've heard many people say that they have trouble with this connection. Was it '100%' properly connected?.......

I'm sure I've read about fitting a slightly thicker O ring to combat the problem also.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Replaced the o ring when I did mine. Picked up the old ring last week when clearing out the garage and the flat on it had disappeared. Give it a few days and it may be okay?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For info, you can't buy the connector on it's own, you have to buy the hose its attached too.

And, yes, they're known for being troublesome.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. It's good to know just the 'O' ring is available(Rather than having to buy the whole assembly). Bad to hear there are no quick fixes so it's the dreadful pauxhall for a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts