Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can anyone tell me when the Q2 diff became a standard feature and if there is any visual way of tell if a GTA might already have a Q2 fitted? Presumably then the non Q2 GTA's had open diffs? Would a wheel spin on grass confirm that it has a Q2?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I dont believe they were ever a standard feature of the GTA in either 147 or 156 guise. they were only standard on Q2 editions of the GT coupe and 147 .

the re is no visual way to tell if a car has been Q2'd but push one hard around a roundabout and it wont understeer so much and the VDC wont cut in so quickly.

perhaps a crude method to see if it has a Q2 but i cant think of an other one

H

·
0 Posts
accelerate hard round a sweeping corner and you will feel pulled tighter into the bend, rather than it pushing outward, its a pretty obvious difference so should be easy to tell

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I spoke to my local dealership today and the technician said that as far as he knew they all had a limited slip diff. Is that true. If so is a LSD the Q2 or are they two different animals?, I spun the wheel up in the grass today and it left two even marks so it must have a LSD of sorts... Were the standard setups open diff types?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I spoke to my local dealership today and the technician said that as far as he knew they all had a limited slip diff. Is that true. If so is a LSD the Q2 or are they two different animals?, I spun the wheel up in the grass today and it left two even marks so it must have a LSD of sorts... Were the standard setups open diff types?
Thanks guys

I think your local dealership technician is wrong, the Q2 is an LSD but the standard diff is not. :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
No 147/156 GTA's had any type of LSD from the factory, ever, if yours has one it's been put on by a previous owner :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts