41 - 60 of 300 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Looks clean that! Top work :thumbs:

What Menzine products did you use btw? As I have the full range of their stuff but I'm now using products and machine polisher from Rupes which I really do recommend!! Or if that's too pricy then look at the DA system from Auto Finesse :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Menzerna? :p Used PF 2500 cut and SF 4500 polish. :)

Finished off with Chemical Guys Black Pearl.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Menzerna? :p Used PF 2500 cut and SF 4500 polish. :)

Finished off with Chemical Guys Black Pearl.
That's what I meant, can't spell for ****! :lol:

How much do you rate Black Pearl? What type of polish/wax is it as can't remember.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Carnuba I think, smells lovely. It's fantastic stuff but it's expensive and doesn't last long. Easy to apply and polish off though.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Carnuba I think, smells lovely. It's fantastic stuff but it's expensive and doesn't last long. Easy to apply and polish off though.
Sounds a bit like Auto Finesse Illusion show wax, it don't last long either but works superbly!

Here are a few photos of someone's GTA which I did today...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
*spits dummy, wanders off to take BETTER pics of very shiny car...

Fair dinkum though that Gta is gorgeous. What colour is it? Black. (It's easy to make a black car look good)

Brakes and wheels are nice too. (It's easy to make a car look shiny when the brakes are super clean)

What camera are you using?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
*spits dummy, wanders off to take BETTER pics of very shiny car...

Fair dinkum though that Gta is gorgeous. What colour is it? Black. (It's easy to make a black car look good)

Brakes and wheels are nice too. (It's ray to make a car look shiny when the brakes are super clean)

What camera are you using?
:lol:

It's solid black, Nero 501 in the Alfa colour chart :) black cars are very easy to make shiny but very hard to get rid of the swirls as 501 is a rather hard paint etc :)

The brakes are from what I remember 380mm 8 pots which was only bought to fill the gap for the 19" Pro Drive alloys :lol:

The photos were taken using my iPhone 5 :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Mine's cosmos blue and the sun wasn't coming out to play plus I was trying to see if HDR trickery would show any difference...

Insert several more, perfectly valid, reasons here....

*wanders off, muttering.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Mine's cosmos blue and the sun wasn't coming out to play plus I was trying to see if HDR trickery would show any difference...

Insert several more, perfectly valid, reasons here....

*wanders off, muttering.
You can see the difference though in your photos, maybe should of done a time lapse clip? :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Nah. I'd break the camera with my face...

It was an experiment really, I should have used a shallow camera angle but that wasn't practical plus the sun's angle on the front of the house doesn't help. Having said that, you can't polish a car when the sun has his hat on anyway...

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Nah. I'd break the camera with my face...

It was an experiment really, I should have used a shallow camera angle but that wasn't practical plus the sun's angle on the front of the house doesn't help. Having said that, you can't polish a car when the sun has his hat on anyway...
Yeah you can though. It depends totally on what products you use, it's why I also rave about Auto Finesse Illusion as you can apply that in direct sunlight and it won't bake on due to its oily nature :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Update from November...

Not done much with it tbh since August / September...

Just the following;

Rebuilt the drive shafts;

IMG_8169 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8171 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8194 by chris147gta, on Flickr

It was looking a bit tatty behind the arch lines and knowing they corrode in this area we did a little clean up job;

IMG_8178 by chris147gta, on Flickr

Which included the uprights. As per the norm, the bolts holding the disc shields on snapped

IMG_8179 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8180 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8192 by chris147gta, on Flickr

The bolts that hold the brake hose bracket also snapped
;

IMG_8182 by chris147gta, on Flickr

These brackets are just trouble...

IMG_8183 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8184 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8185 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8187 by chris147gta, on Flickr

IMG_8189 by chris147gta, on Flickr

Poly bushed the upper wishbones...

IMG_8190 by chris147gta, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
And an update from the end of January...

I've not been happy with the throttle response I've been getting from it since I bought it, particularly on downshifts whilst braking, it wont rev up high enough.

It's also had a reoccuring misfire which we've been trying to diagnose without much success. Last time around I think I checked the cam timing, compression, maf, lamda's, checked the coil pack resistances and replaced the plugs.

But, it's been getting worse. It was logging fault codes for multiple misfires on cylinders 1 2 & 3.

So, knowing it needed other work and having accumulated several days worth of time owed in work, I had Friday off to investigate the matter...

IMG_9925 by chris147gta, on Flickr

The first thing I found was this bet of rubber wrapped around no 1 spark plug...

IMG_9931 by chris147gta, on Flickr

It's the bit of rubber that is supposed to hold the plug into the socket wrench I used to fit them last time around... [:$] Oooops.

I don't think it was the root cause of the fault codes though.

I'd imagine that a failed coil pack on no 2 may be a prime candidate;

IMG_9928 by chris147gta, on Flickr

This was all I could find this time around. I then moved onto the other pressing issue we'd Identified...

IMG_9993 by chris147gta, on Flickr

Which was fixed with these [:D] ....

IMG_9994 by chris147gta, on Flickr

But not before all the unions where doused in rost-off several times over a 36 hour period - it pee'd down on Saturday, ******** to that!

IMG_9926 by chris147gta, on Flickr

But even the magic release fluid didn't entirely work. The rear pipe unions proved to be difficult but we did evetually pesuade 'em to part company with the OE hoses.

Shiney new ones fitted...

IMG_9995 by chris147gta, on Flickr

'Course, as I couldn't be bothered doing anything with it on Saturday, it took till 7pm on Sunday to finish it off. It felt warmer that the 1 deg c the car was showing though. [LOL]

IMG_9997 by chris147gta, on Flickr

I've not had chance to try it on the road since - Slow puncture being fixed, but it is idling much better and the brake pedal seems firmer. Fingers x'd.

41 - 60 of 300 Posts