Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 296 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Aah, that possibility didn't even cross my mind. Good idea.

*getting crazy thoughts about gta'ing headlights and retrofitting projectors at the same time, wallet trying to crawl away and hide*

Where did you find the projectors? some generic model at a reasonable price or remnants of some other 147?

Edit: read your thread in the GTA forum and have full understanding if you don't say what projector you used
Remind me, I'll pm you a link if the work out ok.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So here's the repaired headlight washer;

And the new lights fitted;

Repaired air box;

We then went off looking at why the windscreen and rear wash wipe don't work very well. The front washer jets were just clogged with dirt, a blast with the air line has sorted them out. We also investigated the wiper mechanism;

Not a bad repair but the one my dad had repaired previously is a stronger job;

Bulk head was pretty grubby so I cleaned that up;

And what the hell is this heracey?!!!!

(It's an unused connection on mine but is, on some cars, connected to some sort of sensor related to the climate control and auto demist.)

We found the problem with the rear wash wipe when we opened the boot and found the bootlid was fu of water. The washer housing was cracked so that's been replaced with the new motor mechanism as the bit that was cracked was integral.

I then went to check that the engine would still start after all the playing we'd been doing. I did but with the MCSF warning. Hooked it up to fECUs and that showed a fault with the throttle pedal potentiometer. It will only read up to 25% of its travel. Interestingly it won't rev at all if you have your foot on the brakes. I would presume this is an inbuilt precaution just in case a fault causes it to say its 100% open.

I can tell you that removing one is a hatefull stand on your head job.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Good job you're doing - respect to your dad too:thumbs:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good job you're doing - respect to your dad too:thumbs:

I'm 35 now and I still worry that his skill set will be lost. I'm trying to learn but accepting I can be wrong is still as difficult as it ever was.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i also love tinkering with all things electro/mech and when my dad was alive what he didn't know wasn't worth knowing about ,including old school body work , keep up the good work and when others admire the work you get that good feeling

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I'm 35 now and I still worry that his skill set will be lost. I'm trying to learn but accepting I can be wrong is still as difficult as it ever was.
Good thread Chris, lots of good info for all 147 owners not just GTA.

I feel the same about my dad, he's semiretired but been in engineering 50 years from an apprentice. When he is fully retired all that old school knowledge will just dribble away. :(

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
When I say 'we' I again mean my dad has been cleaning the matt finish wheels with g3, menzurma and touching in the numerous marks. I did make an effort today (I've had been having problems with my back again) and I did clean one of the wheels up... The gave it to my dad to finish off lol...

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Cracking job on the wheels.

And glad it's not just me that lines the badges up with the valve's, although it is slightly out:D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

I only took the one - quick snap on the way home...

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

I only took the one - quick snap on the way home...
If that's what a quick snap is like then only knows what your others would be like :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Not much better, IMO photography is more about timing than anything else...

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Good job so far. I'm doing similar with my GT....
Where is your progress thread then fella as we love a progress thread... :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
all in good time. Just found out the new radiator (courtesy of the previous owner) is knackered today.. :(
Oh bugger, good time to buy an upgraded one ;)

21 - 40 of 296 Posts