Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on the problem I am getting with my vehicle. I have an Alfa 147 GTA and I just installed a supersprint exhaust ( back exhaust). Driving the car, I noticed an error - motor control unit failure. I took it to the Alfa dealer and he told me there is too much oxygen through the exhaust and the pipes and this is causing the error. He told me that there is a non standard pipe installed together with the new supersprint exhaust, this is causing the error. To fix it, he suggest I get an oxygen sensor adapter - he shown me a picture of it - it looks like a empty bold which you will screw on the pipe and the sensor will go in it. However, the dealer does not know where this can be bought. Does anyone come across this or can give me some advice on where to get it.

Thank you

Sircalibre

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Otto. Yes, they look like the picture the dealer shown me. Weird looking objects. Thank you, I will get the dealer to confirm which one he can fit.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Did you put heat or banging near rear cats when fitting cause you could have just damaged one.

Is it a rear lambda sensor?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
personnally fitting a back box wouldnt throw an error like this..........its just coincidental..they like to blame something

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not know about the heat... Alfa remeo dealer installed the supersprint rear muffler. I drove the car fine after it was installed, the error came couple of days later. I have been advised to swap the sensor plug in the engine and this could fix it. I will get Alfa to test it.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
When I had my new cat back fitted, they had to use heat to get a bolt off, that brok a lambda sensor.

So yes it can cause problems :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts