Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just out of interest, I was wondering what people think is the most desirable 147 GTA colour?

Also do you/did you consider it to be one of the major deciding factors when getting your GTA?

I bought a Bianca Nuvelo 147 mainly due to the colour and low mileage (with a lot of other checks) but without Q2 etc with the view that the work could be carried out later. A decision that i'm glad i made whenever I catch the reflection in shop windows!

But I think white is quite rare so is it worth waiting for?

Cheers,
Almo

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
White is easily the most desirable for the majority of buyers!

I have had a red one before and love that colour, but I've now fallen in love with the Grigio Metallico on my current car and that is rarer than the white as far as I know :)

Only know of 3 cars in it!

M

·
0 Posts
The White is 'stunning', but a little too 'look at me' for my taste...horses for courses and all that.

I think the red very much suits the shape of the 147, and adds to the sporting nature of the car. I've only ever seen one in the mid blue finish.....that's a great colour too:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Higly personal... Bianco Nuvola is awesome, but i feel i could not live with it.. i feel it a little bit to "complicated" to maintain and manage it... Red is perhaps the most "appropriate" to the car, but i feel it a little bit too "aggressive".. i much like the ability of both GTAs to disguise, with red you miss it... i'm higly biased, as both of my Alfas are black (Pastello the Spider, Metallico the GTA), but my choice is for black.. less "look at me", still sporty enough...

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I do like them in Black, look mean, my missus wouldn't let me buy another red GTA, my last 4 alfas have been red.. :eek:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Red , like all things Italian.
Should have expected with such nickname :thumbs:

I just don't agree in two cases - though how much you still consider one Italian is controversial:

A) Lambo's - from the Diablo on, red simply doesn't suit anymore.
B) Last generations Maseratis

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did like red but I was worried about it fading. I test drove one in bright blue which I really liked but it went for too much in the end.

I completely understand about black, mean but not too in your face. For me though it is all about white because it IS so in your face and I love how I find myself staring all the time!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I did like red but I was worried about it fading. I test drove one in bright blue which I really liked but it went for too much in the end.
You should not have much fading problem, red in the GTA should still be the "old generation" one, which does not fade more than any other color, and which you can bright back to the original color quite easily, and so to say, cheap... a full rework of the paint, which indeed is not on the paint but just on the transparent layer should be less than 300£ for the whole car.. at least that's what you pay here.

New red used on 159/mito/spider/brera can be a different beast (which btw lead to suspending having red available for quite some time).

So, no worry about that... get the one you like most.

For me though it is all about white because it IS so in your face and I love how I find myself staring all the time!
Are you going to keep the car in a garage/box? White can turn to yellowish quite easily if kept outside, not nice...

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
White is easily the most desirable for the majority of buyers!

I have had a red one before and love that colour, but I've now fallen in love with the Grigio Sterling on my current car and that is rarer than the white as far as I know :)

Good choice. My wagon is that colour :cool:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you going to keep the car in a garage/box? White can turn to yellowish quite easily if kept outside, not nice...
I didn't realise the white would do that, but yes I am keeping it in the garage so that should be alright.

Are there any white sportwagons around?

·
Premium Member
7,517 Posts
Blu Cosmo for me, obviously :p
Like the way the colour changes according to the ambient light

·
Registered
460 Posts
i should have a pdf around with the available colours and special color for the 147/156/156SW around..
i can dig it out and post it if wished..

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The white is the best colour but as said it is very much "pay attention to me, LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!"....trust me people do look.

The attention is nice but like everything some is positive some is negative. It is probably more of a vandalism target which for me means I am very cautious where I park. I have two cars so choose where I take it carefully.

For everyday use I really like the different blacks you can get. Would choose those over the reds, silvers and blues.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I like the red but my car is always parked in the road all day, everyday so did wonder about it fading. I really like black & silver on 156 GTA's but not so much on 147's :confused: i like gabiano blue and obviosly what Joe said :D

Grigio Sterling on my current car and that is rarer than the white as far as I know :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has to be red :)

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I loved the pearl white of my old one! Was a nightmare to find a good one though - not too many of them around.
Never heard of any of them going yellow?! But the plastics (bumpers and side skirts) can look a slightly different shade as the pearl coat tends to react differently on different materials if you're not careful. It is a truly beautiful colour but a total nightmare to match if you need to get some paintwork done.
I really liked the bright blue (can't remember the correct name :eek:) as a second choice though :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts