Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30,408 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Saw that and thought it was quite amusing that it was the "final edition - not to be confused with the earlier inferior models"

so it has 330mm brakes as standard :)

there is also a black one on there just up the road from me in Barry.the person selling it only bought it a few weeks ago also froma seller in Barry who himself did not have the car very long. I thinkthe guy who bought it last registered on here and posted a few times but seems keen to offload it now :eek:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done for checking it first!
Graham just sold his red 147GTA and at a very good price too.
Yes I knew about that one , offered the price he paid , he sold it for more. Result (for him). He is now in an oil burner! So at least its some comfort to me.lol

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Saw that and thought it was quite amusing that it was the "final edition - not to be confused with the earlier inferior models"

so it has 330mm brakes as standard :)
Yes I did go > :rolleyes: when I read the advert!

Yes I knew about that one , offered the price he paid , he sold it for more. Result (for him). He is now in an oil burner! So at least its some comfort to me.lol
:lol: fair enough!

G

·
0 Posts
Graham just sold his red 147GTA and at a very good price too.
Aye it will be sorely missed. I didn't really make any money on it as bought it for a bargain price due to the dealer wanting rid asap as he doesn't deal in Alfas in general. I then had it serviced, valted and replaced two bulbs all as essential maintenance so the fella I sold it to had it totally sorted and hopefully hassle free for the next year. So essentially I got what I paid but had two months of great fun. Easily the best car I have ever owned along with the GT 3.2 V6. Would love one again one day but the diesel GT is an essential for the next year or two due to cost saving. You missed out on a good un Stu. You need to be fast with the bargains in this world :lol:;)

Good luck in your hunt but I reckon it will be a GTA you will end up with over the GT as they seem to be impossible to find in red!!!

G

·
0 Posts
there is also a black one on there just up the road from me in Barry.the person selling it only bought it a few weeks ago also froma seller in Barry who himself did not have the car very long. I thinkthe guy who bought it last registered on here and posted a few times but seems keen to offload it now :eek:
Not surprising with GTA's as sometimes new owners do no take into account on how much they will cost to run. I prepared myself for large fuel bills when I purchased my first 3.2 V6 and if my missus wasn't expecting then there is no way I would now be driving a diesel!!! I'm sure once remapped I will get used to it in time....hopefully :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hi, just new to the site and I have just bought this GTA (MA54JXR) It was stolen recovered in August 2005 and no damage occured. The car is immaculate in every way and on the iside looks virtually brand new. Full service history too with receipts and shows it was very well looked after. Looks like your loss is my gain...lol

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Dave :thumbs:

Its funny that a stolen recovered car has a stigma attached to it, i think its because we become emotionally attached to our cars. :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi, just new to the site and I have just bought this GTA (MA54JXR) It was stolen recovered in August 2005 and no damage occured. The car is immaculate in every way and on the iside looks virtually brand new. Full service history too with receipts and shows it was very well looked after. Looks like your loss is my gain...lol
Was the guy who told you its history and said no damage the same guy who put it was HPI clear on the advert when it wasnt ? (Not trying to pee on fire, I hope the car is a good one !).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know the car, and it looked like a good one. But the fact remains that it is not as advertised (HPI clear) did you know before you parted with your hard earned? If not I would be asking for some money back. Under the trades descriptions act he has wrongly advertised it .
Got myself a GTA in red with FMDSH and 45,000 all belts done . Just waiting for the money to put a Q2 in it. Oh and its HPI clear!!LOL

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I wouldn't say his loss is your gain! It was his choice not to buy it, it's not like he missed out.

Congrats on the purchase by the way, I hope you enjoy it :thumbs: make sure the belts have been done and get yourself a Q2 diff asap. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well not his loss, but def my gain that he chose not to buy lol. Been wanting one for a while but because of my age I was reluctant. Finally bit the bullet tho and got one brought over from england. Yep all belts were done couple of thousand miles ago so its all good and since I got my local Alfa dealer to buy it for me I should have a bit of cover there too. I did kno about the HPI before I bought it, but I wanted one so badly that I went for it anyway after checking up. So how much would a Q2 be and does anyone kno how successful an ECU remap is?

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Hi mate, that sounds good :)
Have a look on the autolusso website and you will see the latest prices for Q2.
Remaps are fairly successful - what are you after? More power, moving the rev limiter? If I were you I would make the Q2 the first upgrade. Diff failures are massively common on the GTA and not only that the Q2 totally transforms the car and improves the way it puts the power down and handeling no end :thumbs:

·
Registered
583 Posts
TBH I'm not really sure what I want!! I mean this has been a dream car of mine since I 1st drove one in 2004. And I just bought one based on what I remembered!! As is the norm everybody likes to have a pop at Alfas and say it'l be a nightmare and I'm mad as it will breakdown... But are the GTA's fragile?? Everyone v helpful on here anyways!! I'l be looking into a Q2 ASAP then!

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,043 Posts
TBH I'm not really sure what I want!! I mean this has been a dream car of mine since I 1st drove one in 2004. And I just bought one based on what I remembered!! As is the norm everybody likes to have a pop at Alfas and say it'l be a nightmare and I'm mad as it will breakdown... But are the GTA's fragile?? Everyone v helpful on here anyways!! I'l be looking into a Q2 ASAP then!
Q2 is a must have for the GTA

GTA’s aren’t that fragile they just need a bit of looking after.

Enjoy your new car

Ned

1 - 20 of 28 Posts