Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For some reason, the problem went away for about two weeks. In the mean time, the ABS & the VDC lights came on. I brought the car back to my mechanic to get these little problems fix(which the diagnosed as being the rear left ABS censor). After the diagnosis, the mechanic went to start the car and the car wouldn't start again. Exactly the same problem as last time.
Whould anyone on this forum, know what it is?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I would imagine the sensor problem is a coincidence, battery current drain wouldn't affect them.

I would say UK's suggestion is worth checking out, I would think the keyless entry alarm system is aftermarket, or at least I haven't heard of any official item.

Cheers,
TB

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Barbalatte said:
No, nothing.
Is the keyless entry an after market item?
I ask this beacuse when I baught the car, they asked me if I wanted keyless entry/alarm.
Tell you the truth, I've never heard the alarm go off if I have one.
Did you have keyless entry/alarm "installed"
The doors are normally remotely unlocked/locked with the key buttons , but the dealer can install an "aftermarket alarm" which is activated by the cars standard Keyless entry system.
My alarm has a small flashing module on top of the dash right up against the windscreen. The standard Alfa immobiliser system has a flashing light in the door lock buton in the dash, when it is activated. This is separate from the dealer alarm.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Barbalatte said:
Yes Stori. I have the little censor on the dashboard. Could it be this causing the problem?
I suspect that is the "million dollar" question!
Obviously to "loose" power from the battery, there must be something consuming that power. To really work out what is causing the problem would require someone to checkout the electrical circuits for power consumption. Obviously that is what you are going to do.
I asked the question because someone had asked if you had an after-market alarm and you were not sure. Whether after-market alarms are more prone to causing a power consumption that causes problems ,I really do not know :(

As an aside, my old 1983 Alfetta GTV 2.0 used to flatten a battery within a week if not run, and that was a car without even an electiric clock to consume power. I put in a battery cutout to remove the problem...not a solution on a modern GTA ;)

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
Barbalatte said:
Yes Stori. I have the little censor on the dashboard. Could it be this causing the problem?
Not the sensor itself, but the whole aftermarket system is likely to be the culprit. Id get it removed if I were you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts