Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post this here before I go down the usual AutoTrader / eBay route which I shudder at the thought of to be honest.

Quick spec: 147 GTA Gabbiano Blue, 85K, Q2, CF2 manifolds, eq length downpipes, stock exhaust thereafter, F360 TB, Xenons, Black/Blue leather (not with the usual bolster wear), heated seats (working - but crap), 330mm brake upgrade, fully up to date with all belts, rollers etc and just had new fluids all round. I have a load of receipts proving all work that's been done to the car.

It drives very nicely with no knocks, crunches, pops etc and pulls strongly in every gear. Gets up to temp nice and quickly and stays there, no warning lights.

I bought this car as a toy however my situation has changed somewhat and to put it bluntly moving to a larger house and furnishing it along with all the renovation work is proving to be extremely expensive, especially when in the midst of a child custody battle (My barrister has cost us the value of the GTA so far). This along with the fact that my better half refuses to drive it has lead us to the conclusion it has to go. At least I can say I've owned one so my petrol head credentials are now confirmed.

All very upsetting anyway. This is definitely one of the good GTA's, doesn't want anything doing to it and has been 100% reliable since I've owned it.

If anyone is interested send me a PM. I'm after a relatively quick sale.

I paid £6.5K not that long ago and I believe she is worth that, but I am open to sensible offers and you may get a bit of a bargain if you can move quickly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can you mail me some pics to [email protected] please, being a newbie to Alfa's I'm not even sure which blue that is lol
Let me know whereabouts you're based aswell please ! Maybe it's in your profile but I find this site hard work especially on a mobile !!

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
He is in Hampshire

·
Registered
124 Posts
Portsmouth by any chance lol, only just looked at username......I'm a bit slow on a Sunday, or any other day for that matter haha.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've send you an e-mail with some pics and I am indeed in Portsmouth :)

I did wash the car yesterday and thought about taking a few pics but got sidetracked packing up the house so they are a little old and the car looks a lot better now than when they were taken. The leather interior in particular I spent an entire weekend sorting out with leatherique (excellent stuff by the way).

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I would so love it back off you.. the 335i I've replaced it with is boring me to tears. But, it has 4 doors. Sorry to hear you're having various troubles.. shame the GTA is the victim :c

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
I would so love it back off you.. the 335i I've replaced it with is boring me to tears. But, it has 4 doors. Sorry to hear you're having various troubles.. shame the GTA is the victim :c
Have you sold the GTV V6 yet?

Auto or manual 335i?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Have you sold the GTV V6 yet?

Auto or manual 335i?
Nah I only listed the GTV this week -- not pushing too hard to sell it : ) It's the flappy paddles. The engine is great, but.. it's just boring to look at and be in. Won't be keeping it long

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
Nah I only listed the GTV this week -- not pushing too hard to sell it : ) It's the flappy paddles. The engine is great, but.. it's just boring to look at and be in. Won't be keeping it long
The flappy paddles are half the problem IMO. If you had a clutch pedal and a gearstick you'd have a lot more fun in it. Especially if you got a proper limited slip diff fitted.

I've had a few quick BMWs and they do take a lot more learning than a FWD car. So at first they seem a bit boring, but eventually they grow on you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers mate. Just one of those things but it's only a car at the end of the day. It is a shame and ironically this has been the most reliable car I've ever owned so far!

Still - won't be going for peanuts so may yet end up keeping her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts