Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying some 147 GTA calipers. The discs needed are 300mm x 30mm. Where can I find discs to fit the 4 stud pattern on my 145?

Anyone got any ideas?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The discs are 285ish as standandard on mine. so 300mm shouldn't be a problem with my 16's. Its the width that could be a concern.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
There`s a set of 147 GTA calipers on Ebay but i can`t remember if it had discs with them :confused:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Fiat Coupe 20vt discs will do, they are 305(4)x28 and the calipers between Coupe and normal GTA are the sameor at least look it, not sure about mounting points. THe Fiat Coupe is 4x98 pcd same as 145 (well they are all based on Tipo after all. Coupe 20vt wheels or wheels with big ofset would be require to clear caliper, you will nitoce that not many 20vt owners chnage alloys as without spacers not many wheels will clkear caliper

Disc are quite cheap from the likes of alternative autos.

Cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sandys said:
Fiat Coupe 20vt discs will do, they are 305(4)x28 and the calipers between Coupe and normal GTA are the sameor at least look it, not sure about mounting points. THe Fiat Coupe is 4x98 pcd same as 145 (well they are all based on Tipo after all. Coupe 20vt wheels or wheels with big ofset would be require to clear caliper, you will nitoce that not many 20vt owners chnage alloys as without spacers not many wheels will clkear caliper

Disc are quite cheap from the likes of alternative autos.

Cheers
Thanks. :) Sounds like its not an option with my wheels then. :(

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using Brembo calipers (same as GTA) with my standard 16" Selespeed alloys - just need 5mm spacers to clear the caliper. It is a tight fit but not too much problem - the discs are 305 x 28mm.

The 4 pot caliper is the problem for clearance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the brembos on my car and the discs are fiat coupe 20v turbo. They have a 4x98 pcd and are the same offset and thickness and diameter as the GTA.

You need 30mm offset wheels as the standard ones will hit. Spacers are all well and good but you loose your spigot so the wheel floats around just on the bolts and comes loose. So get hub centric ones.

I got P155ED off with the whole affair and am as we speak fitting 5 bolt hubs to the car to use wheels off of a gtv with the same brakes and the real GTA discs, should be finished by the end of the week. :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
And another thing.

I have the Brembo GT brake calipers that are slightly different from the GTA ones. Mine just fit into 16" wheels but I had to move the balancing weight slightly.

But I was looking at a GTA at the dealer last week and the calipers are bigger still and were a close fit inside the 17" GTA wheels, they didn't look like they would fit into 16s????it was pretty close

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just one more point :rolleyes: has anyone fitted 147 Gta calipers to a 155 rather then the brembo radial mount conversions.

What is the mounting arrangement do they fit the standard upright, or is a bracket needed?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Dom B said:
But I was looking at a GTA at the dealer last week and the calipers are bigger still and were a close fit inside the 17" GTA wheels, they didn't look like they would fit into 16s????it was pretty close
New GTAs are being fitted with uprated discs and calipers and some olders one like mine have been upgraded by Alfa so there may be some parts available on the secondhand market depending opn what the dealewr does with tnem

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Everyone. :)

I've given up on the idea. Sounds like a load of hassel, I like my speedlines too much and I can't be ar5ed with the hassel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts