Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm hoping to start a search for a 147 GTA in the near future, obviously i'll be foremost looking for the right car rather than the right colour but was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a definitive list of all the colours available anywhere on this site ?
I think my main colour preferences will be black and white and probably least wanted will be red.....not because i don't like red but because i already have a red toy so don't want the other one to get upset lol !! On the question of black i've seen many pics but no actual cars recently as they're so rare so was wondering is the black a metallic colour or solid......or were they made in both ?
Also, am i right in thinking the standard fit teledial wheels are 17" ?..........if so, are they available in 18" atall ? Also, is cruise control an option or was it standard fit ?

Other than that i think my research has answered all my other questions but if anyone wants to chip in with any buying tips then all advice from owners is most welcome :).........like any other options on the car that may be worth while looking out for, such as is the sat nav any good or not :)

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Hi all,
I'm hoping to start a search for a 147 GTA in the near future, obviously i'll be foremost looking for the right car rather than the right colour but was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a definitive list of all the colours available anywhere on this site ?
I think my main colour preferences will be black and white and probably least wanted will be red.....not because i don't like red but because i already have a red toy so don't want the other one to get upset lol !! On the question of black i've seen many pics but no actual cars recently as they're so rare so was wondering is the black a metallic colour or solid......or were they made in both ?
Also, am i right in thinking the standard fit teledial wheels are 17" ?..........if so, are they available in 18" atall ? Also, is cruise control an option or was it standard fit ?

Other than that i think my research has answered all my other questions but if anyone wants to chip in with any buying tips then all advice from owners is most welcome :).........like any other options on the car that may be worth while looking out for, such as is the sat nav any good or not :)

Thanks in advance :thumbup:
Black is in 2 forms. Flat and Metallic

The main colours I can remember are.

Rosso Alfa (Alfa Red)
Bianco Nuvola (Pearlescent White)
Blu Metallico (Metallic Blue)
Nero Metallico (Metallic Black)
Grigio Metallico (Metallic Grey)
Azzurro Gabbiano (Sky Blue -light colour)
Grigio Sterling (Silver)
Nero Luxor (Flat Black)
Verde Boreale (Green)
Cosmos Blu (Cosmos Blue)

Tele dials are all 17's. A company in japan made some very expensive forged 18's but never seen them in the flesh.

Cruise was standard fit. Sat nav is a bit pants by todays standards.

Find one with a Q2 or Quaife. Buy the cleanest and best car you can afford. One thats been owned by an enthusiast would be my preferred choice. Other nice upgrades include Eibach anti roll bars and coilers or upgraded suspension. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great info, thanks :thumbup: I did read an Auto Express feature that said they were available in 10 colours so i reckon you've nailed it there :)

Hope to have funds in place soon then can start seriously looking though in the meantime i may go look at the black one on e-bay though it seems expensive on the face of it ! The advert is pretty poor though as it doesn't even mention the mileage that i can see :( Engine bay does look clean though......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-Alfa...601411?hash=item3d15e91343:g:EdEAAOSwdU1W~QB~

No leather either which is a shame as the cloth doesn't look great !! :(

EDIT:- Just spotted mileage on it..... 69k, not bad i suppose but thought it may be lower for £10k asking price !

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Never available in that weird/amazing (depending on the light) colour-shifting red paint like the 156 GTA?

It was called "Rosso Miro" if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Very few cars with the cloth seats. They aren't anywhere near as nice. But its down to personal preference.

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Never available in that weird/amazing (depending on the light) colour-shifting red paint like the 156 GTA?

It was called "Rosso Miro" if I am not mistaken.
They never did the 147 GTA in Miro. It suits my 156 GTA :D

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Very few cars with the cloth seats. They aren't anywhere near as nice. But its down to personal preference.
Yep
on the 147GTA cloth was std with leather as an extra cost option.

on the 156GTA leather was std.

One of the tricks of the marketing dept to give the 147GTA a lower list price and lower weight compared to the 156GTA....

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
When inspecting these cars what areas need close inspection for rust ?
The metal bits......!

Floorpan of all 156/147/GT is an issue, more cases with the 156 as many are older, but all need careful checking as they had the same people building them with the same QC standards...
Wheelarches (plastic liners rub on the inside).
Leading & trailing edges of roof.
etc. etc..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The metal bits......!

That bad huh !! lol :paranoid:

Hopefully my budget will be strong enough to find a much loved example that's had a bit of extra waxoyl added and is free of the dreaded tin worm :thumbup:

When it comes to searching for the car i'll be regularly checking Autotrader, Ebay, Pistonheads, Car & Classic, Gumtree and obviously on here.......are there any other sites/forums people can think of that'll be worth a look ? Presume on here any GTA's for sale will pop up in this section as the classifieds section seems a bit dead :(

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
That bad huh !! lol :paranoid:

Hopefully my budget will be strong enough to find a much loved example that's had a bit of extra waxoyl added and is free of the dreaded tin worm :thumbup:

When it comes to searching for the car i'll be regularly checking Autotrader, Ebay, Pistonheads, Car & Classic, Gumtree and obviously on here.......are there any other sites/forums people can think of that'll be worth a look ? Presume on here any GTA's for sale will pop up in this section as the classifieds section seems a bit dead :(
I've written a buyers guide, it's pretty comprehensive and can be found as a sticky in the GTA lounge.

Any forum cars are advertised here (in the GTA lounge) as a rule. Classifieds are a waste of time. For the peruser and the purveyor.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've written a buyers guide, it's pretty comprehensive and can be found as a sticky in the GTA lounge.

Any forum cars are advertised here (in the GTA lounge) as a rule. Classifieds are a waste of time. For the peruser and the purveyor.
Yes, i've seen your buyers guide......very helpful and informative :thumbup:

Love your GTA too, great resto thread you've done !

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's peoples views on values at the moment, they're clearly on the up slowly.....

£4-5k seems to get you a leggy example likely with serious issues that need addressing
£5-7k Slightly lower mileage but maybe a bit untidy and in need of some mechanical issues
£7-9 Mileage in the 75k area, tidy car though maybe in daily use but well maintained
£10k Cherished example with lower miles due to weekend dry weather use potentially mint condition and maybe some performance mods like suspension etc

That's my take at the moment though i'm no expert as i'm new to the Alfa scene, what's owners thoughts and have any in recent times exceeded £10k that people can remember ?

·
Registered
623 Posts
What's peoples views on values at the moment, they're clearly on the up slowly.....

£4-5k seems to get you a leggy example likely with serious issues that need addressing
£5-7k Slightly lower mileage but maybe a bit untidy and in need of some mechanical issues
£7-9 Mileage in the 75k area, tidy car though maybe in daily use but well maintained
£10k Cherished example with lower miles due to weekend dry weather use potentially mint condition and maybe some performance mods like suspension etc

That's my take at the moment though i'm no expert as i'm new to the Alfa scene, what's owners thoughts and have any in recent times exceeded £10k that people can remember ?
I'd say those pricings seen reasonable, with a budget of 7k - 10 k I would expect you'd get a fairly decent GTA. There was a recent 156 that sold fairly quickly and was advertised for something like 13k (Someone else will have a better idea). But prices of the good ones are definitely on the way up as the spread of good Vs average examples becomes more apparent.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

That sounds fairly accurate to me. If you can put together 7k plus they you should get a fairly tidy example.

Reactions: Spiritof76

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That sounds fairly accurate to me. If you can put together 7k plus they you should get a fairly tidy example.
Shame there are so few about ! Though that's probably not a shame if you already have one lol :p

Think my budget will e around £10k which will either all go on the purchase of the car if i can find the right one or i'll buy in the £7/8k bracket and use the rest to bring it up to a standard :)

From the description in your profile yours sounds pretty special, got any links to any pics on the site atall ? I like to be nosey and get inspiration ;)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'd focus on finding a tidy car rather than mileage. I'm finding now that mine is a second car that's not used more than once a month or so, it's not thanking me for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts