Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just bought a 147 GTA and finding the brakes very different to my old Audi S3. The travel in the brake pedal before the brakes begin to work seem very long and then to break hard I really have to stand on the pedal. Is this normal or is it likely there may be a problem? This car does not have the uprated brakes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I suspect its a mixture of two things:

Generally Audis are regarded as over-servoed which makes it hard to meter out the force near the limit.
Also the feel for the 305mm brakes isn't the best for hard braking, braided hoses would help the feel, and Ferodo DS2500 pads would hugely help braking efficiency.
The standard pads tend to go off pretty quickly if there aren't nice cooling fast straights in between serious brake applications

Cheers,
TB

·
Registered
567 Posts
Also the feel for the 305mm brakes isn't the best for hard braking, braided hoses would help the feel, and Ferodo DS2500 pads would hugely help braking efficiency.
I can confirm the DS 2500s make a big difference to feel of the brakes. I've noticed there is improved initial bite, even from cold.

·
Registered
525 Posts
is there a specific size DS2500 for the 147 GTA - I've got the 305mm discs? Wheres the best website to buy them from?

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts