Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 147GTA in gorgeous metallic black last night. Pick it up from dealer on Friday.

In 'typical' cherry poppin first Alfa purchase style I have done none of the usual months of research and investigation I normally do before buying a car.

I simply read an article in AutoCar about used GTA ownership and thought 'I need to own one of those - and Clarkson says every true petrol head needs to have an Alfa once in their life!' and before I knew it I was on my way to Berkhamstead with money burning a whole in my pocket :D

Am now not able to sleep a wink till I collect on Friday. Even better, I am punting my mk2 Octy vRS onto a good friend whose own car has just failed its MOT and we're gonna have a mini 'gumball' roadtrip back from the dealer in a our new (to us) respective cars :mad:

Just hope I make it back home without writing it off!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Jack :thumbs:

Just over 3 years with my GTA and still cant see myself selling anytime soon :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Barry, am soooooooo looking forward to collecting her!

Who you insured with and how much?

I am 37, 12 years NCB, living in Bucks. 1 SP30. 20k miles per annum SDPC + Business (50/50 split). Best quote so far £675 with swiftcover including courtesy car, key cover, breakdown, £500 total XS. Reasonable?

Cheers

JD

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Welcome in Jack, you'll love it here:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO, not long till Friday and Alfa-smile time.......:HAPPY:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome, like the site already - seems very friendly. Used to have the V6 Mitsubishi FTO and was a regular poster and mini-meet attender. Am looking forward to getting back into a 'scene'.

May try to make it the SWARM one in Warks next Tuesday. . .

Cheers

JD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts