Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys not sure i can do anything about this but worth asking , when i fill up the car with fuel or pop in the shop and leave the little one in the car i lock it ! but every time she sets off the alarm is there away where i can lock the car but not activate the alarm, i should think the awnser is no but thought i try and find out :p

·
Premium Member
7,096 Posts
hi guys not sure i can do anything about this but worth asking , when i fill up the car with fuel or pop in the shop and leave the little one in the car i lock it ! but every time she sets off the alarm is there away where i can lock the car but not activate the alarm, i should think the awnser is no but thought i try and find out :p
Yes, there actually is an official way.... It's mentioned in the manual, I'll see if I can find it...

·
Premium Member
7,096 Posts
Found it:

<snip>
EXCLUSION OF VOLUMETRIC SENSORS

Volumetric protection can be excluded manually in the rest state.
Exclusion of volumetric protection automatically switches off the volumetric sensors, which interrupt the emission of ultrasound.
Exclusion is activated by the ignition key by means of a consecutive sequence, in strict order, of KEY-OFF (<2 s), KEY-ON (<1s), KEY-OFF, starting from a STABLE KEY-ON state: at the end of the manoeuvre, the dissuasion warning light comes on for 2 s to indicate that exclusion has taken place.
If, at the end of the sequence, the reoccurrence of the +15 signal lasts less than 30 s (for example to shut windows accidentally left open), the exclusion continues to remain active.
The re-enablement of the volumetric protection must take place if the occurrence of the +15 lasts over 30 s and at all events after the next switching off of the alarm system.
<snip>

M

·
0 Posts
There is an easier way too, simply lock your car using the key in the door:) I don't mean to rain on your parade JWQ as you obviously went to a lot of effort to get the info. Locking via the key in the door means the alarm is completely inactive.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Its a bloody convoluted way of doing it (before Sparky's suggestion) !

I'm sure on the VW's it was just a matter of pressing the remote locking button twice (or something)...

·
Premium Member
7,096 Posts
There is an easier way too, simply lock your car using the key in the door:) I don't mean to rain on your parade JWQ as you obviously went to a lot of effort to get the info. Locking via the key in the door means the alarm is completely inactive.
I know :D

But the way I mentioned, enables the alarm but just disables the interior alarm... Handy if you leave your dog inside or something...

And it seems complicated, but basically if you break it down it just comes down to switching your ingnition lock on/of 2 times... ;)

P.S. I've always assumed that if you lock the car with the doorkey, the alarm is not activated, but i've never actually tried it.... According to the manual, the alarm automatically activates 2 minutes after the last door is closed, even if not explicitly switched on....

·
Registered
369 Posts
an easier way, when locking the car with the fob-keep the button held down then it beeps again. alarm on but inside turned off

·
Premium Member
7,096 Posts
an easier way, when locking the car with the fob-keep the button held down then it beeps again. alarm on but inside turned off
Not on mine it doesn't (standard alfa alarm).... On mine, you can open/close the windows that way....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts