Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Not really, 106 GTi and Astra GTE above it!?:tut: Did love the pug 205 1.9 GTi I miss that car it was amazing, do find myself sometimes looking at eBay for one to use for track days

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd put it a bit higher but then I'm biased. For a PH poll result it's not too disappointing.

Lots of cars on the list I'd like to try. :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
A fair result when you look at other cars of the same vintage in the poll.

The 306 GTI 6 should have ranked higher IMO.....and no Saxo VTS....despite being 99% mechanically identical to the 106 GTI!!!
I'm more a fan of the Pug, but it just goes to show...polls are nowt more than nonsense!

The first place was a class act mind you, but if an Integrale is in the list, where is the Sierra Cosworth??...polls :lol:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
A fair result when you look at other cars of the same vintage in the poll.

The 306 GTI 6 should have ranked higher IMO.....and no Saxo VTS....despite being 99% mechanically identical to the 106 GTI!!!
I'm more a fan of the Pug, but it just goes to show...polls are nowt more than nonsense!

The first place was a class act mind you, but if an Integrale is in the list, where is the Sierra Cosworth??...polls :lol:
Yes your right the vts was better than the 106 and the 306 GTi 6 was a great car. I suppose most of them cars are from the late 80,s to mid late 90,s. so the 147 GTA was not around then so it's more a classic hot hatch list.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yes your right the vts was better than the 106 and the 306 GTi 6 was a great car. I suppose most of them cars are from the late 80,s to mid late 90,s. so the 147 GTA was not around then so it's more a classic hot hatch list.
I know what you mean regarding your first post about a 205. Mine was my third ever car, but the first that I 'truely' wanted. I sold it about 7 years ago as I had no where to store it....huge mistake, and I still regret it :(

I really want to get my hands on another (hence my avatar)....even considered selling the GTA......but then I'd just be making the same mistake all over again.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I know what you mean regarding your first post about a 205. Mine was my third ever car, but the first that I 'truely' wanted. I sold it about 7 years ago as I had no where to store it....huge mistake, and I still regret it :(

I really want to get my hands on another (hence my avatar)....even considered selling the GTA......but then I'd just be making the same mistake all over again.
Don't sell for a pug....... Have both:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Well I totally agree with 1st place - the intergrale, where is the 156? However putting an UNO turbo higher than the 130tc abarth.... Not sure - I sold my 130tc and went to an UNO turbo which was more refined, quicker in a straight line but the 130tc was the better car

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The best car is where it should be, awesome package had three miss two of them. Pug 1.9 - a friend is still rallying a late one, shows up much newer cars but then he is a better driver. Astra GTE- no , had one crap handling. GTA 156 - modified is still better than a Golf !.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Well I totally agree with 1st place - the intergrale, where is the 156? However putting an UNO turbo higher than the 130tc abarth.... Not sure - I sold my 130tc and went to an UNO turbo which was more refined, quicker in a straight line but the 130tc was the better car
156 isn't much of a hatchback IMO!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oi this is about hot hatches, no saloons or estates allowed grandpa :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ooooo the delta is hot! The rest are average gta should be way higher!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Citroen AX GT! Love those. Really good fun for nought. Also surprised that the 306 GTi-6 doesn't score higher. The Rallye is regarded as being the better of the two, but comes lower in the list.

Always wanted a Renault 5 Turbo 2, after one overtook me many years ago at warp speed. Made my Scirroco GTX look as dull as ditchwater.

Good list of cars - order doesn't really matter - such a personal choice.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Ah, that's why its slower in standard form (the 147)
true - hot hatches are not quite grown up....where as the sports saloon / estate is touring cars!

Now what is the touring car hot hatch equivalent ?

:lol:

Must admit - I do like hot hatches

1 - 20 of 22 Posts