Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger interior GT door grab handle has been butchered by someone trying to remove the door card. They have tried do prise the grab handle screw cover off and made a right mess.

The only way round it is to buy a complete new door card from Alfa at over £100....a bit excessive and hard to justify. All the scrap or ebay ones have the same issues.

My question is, is the 147 and GT front grab handles the same, and has anyone else tried to re paint/coat their door handle.

There are various rubberised paints out their but I feel they would not do a great job or just not last or match.

Anyone got any advice on this one?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tarnish, I have seen them, dont like them, sorry, but thanks for pointing them out.

I am after the OEM look.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have managed to source a good used part taken off by an experienced Alfa breaker, Italian Auto Parts off Ebay for a tenner, so I am going to go that route.

B

·
0 Posts
If it is just the oval screw covers which are damaged, are these not available as a replacement part? I left my GT into my local Alfa dealer to get the common cracking check straps replaced under warranty and they drilled a pencil sized hole in each screw cover to take them off - and did'nt even mention it!! :lol: I can laugh about it now but I was not amused at the time - when I asked what had happened they told me it was the only way they can be removed and they would order me some new ones! They knew a week in advance that the car was coming in and knew what it was comming in for - but they did not have the parts (that would have required some sort of thought process and forward planning!!!). Anyway they never contacted me and they never did get replaced - as I say, maybe they are not available as a part on their own.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, they are available new...and yes, Meridien Milano did exactly the same thing to mine.....then got some on back order.

TBH, its the best way to remove those trims, mine have been screwdrivered to death by some one trying to prise them out, and have knackered the handle instead, mongs!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Did anyone happen to get any of these OR know of somewhere that sells them. They seem to be like gold dust!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts