Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

well i have my 147 up for sale & a guy came round to test drive it. Now apparently it has a problem getting into 3rd at times (maybe i've gotten so use to the shift that i didn't notice the problem i'd have to be honest & say its never been an issue for me)

any ideas on what sort of things could be wrong & what sort of money i'm looking at.

Oh BTW he said he'd "think about" it, which means "no" (why do people find it so hard to say no??

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think some people do have an issue putting the 147 in 3rd gear. Personally (early in ownership) I've only ever had an issue when Im 'lacing' it and going up through the gears quickly. Once you get used to it, don't think its an issue.

Maybe swarf has built up but could be an issue but I think that only really affects 4th gear from what I've read on here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My dad had a problem getting my car in 3rd when he test drove it, I had a problem with it at first too. Now I'm used to it and if you don't have a problem then it's just his bad aim.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Droggie, Foz, are you guys talking about manual cars? This OP is driving a Sele and I personally think the buyer was trying to knock the price down by making a fault up.

Was the buyer a scrawny leprichaun looking guy from the SE of Eire?

M

·
0 Posts
We dont have leprichauns over here we just have fairys that run the country:cheese:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Droggie, Foz, are you guys talking about manual cars? This OP is driving a Sele and I personally think the buyer was trying to knock the price down by making a fault up.

Was the buyer a scrawny leprichaun looking guy from the SE of Eire?
how do you know its a selespeed?

the OP doesn;t say anything s/s related.

even s/s can have swarf issues.

or could be just low in oil.

as for 'looks' you ain;t no Don Johnson :cheese: :D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
hi guys,

well i have my 147 up for sale & a guy came round to test drive it. Now apparently it has a problem getting into 3rd at times (maybe i've gotten so use to the shift that i didn't notice the problem i'd have to be honest & say its never been an issue for me)

any ideas on what sort of things could be wrong & what sort of money i'm looking at.

Oh BTW he said he'd "think about" it, which means "no" (why do people find it so hard to say no??
if you want it looked at I'll gladly travel to check it out for you :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
I think the punter was chancing his arn as Toby has nev er had an issue with the gearbox...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts