Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
They are almost impossible to remove without destroying them, so a 2nd hand one isn't an option.

ebay might throw up an old stock item at one of the dealers that uses that when they have a clear-out.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Just changed mine last week, the old hairdryer trick does work to get the knob off but wouldnt want to put it back on again! I got a nice replacement from richbrook(well got it from halfords actually but knew they had them in) looks pretty good I think and fits well, also a choice of leather/alloy etc and come with all the gear patterns to suit your car, have a look.
'Speed Top' in Aluminimum & Leather | Gear Knobs

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Mine knacked and I replaced it with a momo chrome ball i had knocking about in the garage, looks nice and adds some weight to the throw, plus it's an Italian part, so goes with the rest if the car, only wish it had the gear pattern on it for anyone else who drives it

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Mine knacked and I replaced it with a momo chrome ball i had knocking about in the garage, looks nice and adds some weight to the throw, plus it's an Italian part, so goes with the rest if the car, only wish it had the gear pattern on it for anyone else who drives it
You let somebody else drive it?:tut:

A

·
0 Posts
They are almost impossible to remove without destroying them, so a 2nd hand one isn't an option.

ebay might throw up an old stock item at one of the dealers that uses that when they have a clear-out.
It's quite easy actually, you just need a rubber hammer and patience.
But dealers have or should have a tool for removing the knob (different tools for the 5 speed and 6 speed).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts