Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.9 mjet . Just discovered what an ass, these are to even try and put some Diesel from a CAN into my fuel tank. It's ridiculous, you dribble about 1 or 2 ltr in, and it 's out the neck of fill opening overflow. then I have to leave it for about 1 or 2hr for the next 1 or 2 ltr, are these fools who designed this setup having a laugh or what ? is there magic tricks, or work rounds anyone may know, ( without silly ideas like removing the fuel tank) to get it in at a little better rate than I am getting. by the time I am finished the stuff would have gone BAD. LOL.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a flap in the neck that gets pushed open when filling from a pump at petrol station?
Nop, sorry there is not, kept air locking, and spewing some of the fuel back at me, I don't think this car likes me much. LOL. Anyway managed to sort the problem. like someone on a COVID 19 ventilator, I shoved a pipe down it's throat, into the tank, or very near it, and shoved in that way, took a little time, but it worked, unlike the COVID 19 poison vaccines...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is exactly what I said. it messes with your head for sure! Maybe it's a Mandela effect thing going on here who knows ! :oops:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Must have a breather issue going on, when petrol pump in there’s probably a gap around nozzle but with fuel can pipe it seals around neck better not allowing air to escape?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds like a logical theory to me at least, obviously there is/was a reason. as the moto is now just about full, with NEW cheaper than chips fuel, for once in our life times, I will have to wait a while now before I can pipe in 5 or 10 ltr to see what happens, but, regard garages and their pumps, I have never had any problems. Other than the 1 time I went FULL retard and put petrol in it.... and what an ass that was to get sorted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After I bought my 147 I put 5L fuel in from a fuel can only for it to then spill half of it out all over the place! Last time I've done that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After I bought my 147 I put 5L fuel in from a fuel can only for it to then spill half of it out all over the place! Last time I've done that.
Yes I now, I also now have a PHD in hindsight, what a wonderful thing it is, LOL. I am going for the design dude was on Crack cocaine, when he came up with this little gem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts