Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I took my front bumper off (or at least attemted) my 147 and found the wing support brackets crumbling on my 2005 147.

Anyone know where I can get replacements and a rough idea of price?

Can the existing ones be repaired etc?
thanks as always :)
Jason.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
That doesn't look right...

From eper...

6 REINFORCEMENT

46540822 DS V1 ,V2 ,V8 ,V9 ,V11 01

46835174 SN V1 ,V2 ,V8 ,V9 ,V11 D5613 01

I've omitted v5 as that's the GTA. 46540823 is a discontinued part so I've omitted that too.

So right hand bracket is 46540822 and left is 46835174. But I'm not sure whether this is for pre or post facelift and for that matter whether the OP's car is facelift or not...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Hi all,
I took my front bumper off (or at least attemted) my 147 and found the wing support brackets crumbling on my 2005 147.

Anyone know where I can get replacements and a rough idea of price?

Can the existing ones be repaired etc?
thanks as always :)
Jason.
Your other option is remake the bottom of the support where I presume it has corroded (they all look this) out of plate steel and rivet it to what remains of the support.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Now that is a lot of money and I would be looking around the breakers for some better than mine.
Well according to the fiat forum eper it's £33 from alfa, but god knows how old the software is and whether the part is still available...

·
Registered
30,146 Posts
Well according to the fiat forum eper it's £33 from alfa, but god knows how old the software is and whether the part is still available...
£97 in the 2014 ePER.

(Fiat Forum ePER is 2004)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I get the impression most people just don't bother replacing them. Not worth the hassle given the bits they support are largely OK without them, and they don't appear to cause MOT problems.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, shocking prices for such an obvious failure.

Is there a difference between pre and post facelift bumper hangers?

The idea of taking the bumper off is to replace the wings and bumper with facelifted wings.

The new bonnet is already on but the shut lines are different and when I replace the wings with facelift wings, the shut lines should true up.

I have the facelifted bumper and headlights, just the wings and the bumper hangers to complete the job.

Rust in Alfa's is shocking and my '05 even has a slight rust spot coming through the NS wing....I dread looking too deeply at the rest of the car!

·
Registered
30,146 Posts
I replaced mine a few years ago... probably getting on for 6 years... think they were adout £70 each then.

In the end I only replaced the right side as the left was still solid (helped by a frequent misting of Selespeed fluid...!!)
So I still have a spare left one for a 156 in the loft.

Reactions: Mighty-147

·
Registered
594 Posts
£70 each back in 2010?!

Gosh who knows how much they’d be now even if they were still available!!

I bought a brand new front bumper (2001 147 Petrol l)

And I know both sides of these parts need replacing.
A long while ago I replaced the front driverside (UK) wheelarch liner as when I was stuck in a field in Reading (after the festival) the bottom part of the liner caught on the mud and was held against the tyre and burned a hole through!
Anyway I’ll add the photos of that part.

This week just gone I had to replace my battery and the metal battery holder was really rusted so I had that sandblasted and painted.

Looking down inside I saw the other bracket had also rusted at the bottom.

This seems to be part # 46540822.

I don’t know if even a pair from a breakers would be on any good condition so I might have to have my body shop guy make some up.
At least sections for the lower straight section part of the brackets.
If I have them made I’ll request stainless steel as the water really obliterated them both there especially the driver side where there is that big gaping hole in the under tray.
That hole I imagine is to cool that massive coil in there whatever that does!

·
Registered
594 Posts
The photos of the Driverside Bracket:

Looking back; these two photos were taken on 1st July 2017!

So it'll be even worse now especially due to the hole in the under-tray...

Is the hole in the under-tray to cool that large coil there? What does that do please anyone? :unsure:

Thanks! :giggle:(y)

·
Registered
30,146 Posts
Is the hole in the under-tray to cool that large coil there? What does that do please anyone? :unsure:
I'm sure that coil is the power steering fluid cooler.
The hole in the undertray is an afterthought I think as mine didn't have that when new, but I noticed it there soon after one of its early services. It had clearly been cut by hand.

Reactions: Mighty-147

·
Registered
594 Posts
The hole in the undertray is an afterthought I think as mine didn't have that when new, but I noticed it there soon after one of its early services. It had clearly been cut by hand.
Ah I thought it might be that.
Wasn’t sure but had an inkling.
It’s a little wet on that coil actually (condensation?) I’ve noticed...
I’m having the fluid replaced next week anyway so I’ll get the mechanic to check there’s no leak...

·
Registered
594 Posts
If anyone was planning to cut anything from my car at a service even if it was from a dealership I’d bloody well hope they would ask me first!

·
Registered
594 Posts

try here wing support says 22.50 for 156 but cant see why it wont fit.. be nice if he did the entire item too
I
Fantastic find!!!
Especially being stainless steel!!!
Why can’t my whole car be made of stainless steel?!?!

Yes hopefully it’ll fit my 147 too I’ll have to get in touch and ask. If not I’m sure it could be modded to fit?...

Anyway thanks again for the link that’s awesome!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts