Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right,
am about to fork out for new front upper and lower wishbones for my 147 1.6ts,
but i'm in two minds wether to get the whole assemblys or re-bush the old ones with power flex bushes. obviosly i'll go trw if i get new wishies..
Any thoughts... (will be doing all the work myself as usual) :cry:
oh, and ill probably do the lower engine mounts.

L

·
0 Posts
new bushes fitted to old w/bs with tired ball joints is only asking for trouble, imho. standard bushes are good enough for road usage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, thats settled then.. new wishies. :) just topped up oil, emulsified white spunk in fillier cap, head gasket on top of suspension work saturday. doh..:cry:

L

·
0 Posts
why head gasket, it could be just a sign that you do alot of short journeys

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe i am jumping to conclusions.. car does 45 minute commutes in +20'c most days, no residue for last 30000k do one quick trip on a cold (4'c morning) and happen to top up oil before wife trys to kill it and bing, spunk in filer cap.... what do you think (just come off nights so i hope i'm making sense.)
thanks..

L

·
0 Posts
unless the hoses are very hard, or you find water in the sump/dipstick i'd not worry about it too much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gave hoses a squeeze and they seemed normal, thanks for setting my mind at ease!
gotta fork out for suspension parts and try and do the work between shifts, and on top of that i was loosing the plot because i thought i had a head gasket to replace ontop... i drive car, i keep on top of evey thing, let it warm up etc all good. wife drives car and it gets dented, kerbed, thrashed from cold, parking tickets etc etc,,,,:rant:
Bliss...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts