Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for the first post being a question rather than a "hello" posting.

So... Here we go...

Can the front seats from a 5 door be converted to a 3 door with the tilting backrest to access the rear seats?

I quite fancy leather seats but I can't find any for a 3 door in the colour I want but there are some available from 5 door cars for very reasonable money at present.

I'm from a Volkswagen background and I know this conversion is possible on those seats but Alfa's are still a mystery to me.

Any info or help greatly apprieciated :thumbs:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi,

Well done in converting to alfa ... much better choice.

I am sure there will be a way of changing these overs, however, i personally would look at getting a speciallist to do this as im presuming you would need to open the seat up to do this (to allow the quick release mechanism to be installed?)

What would be ideal is if you could get a hold of a dud seat and you could take apart and have a looksie ... dont know if anyone else has done it

Just out of curiousity, what colour are you wanting?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm quite handy with trimming, welding and all that kinda stuff.

Built a few show standard Volkswagens over the years.

Might trawl the local scrappy at the weekend and have a look for a dud cloth seat to experiment with.

In an ideal world, a set of black leather seats would be the preferred choice. I'd consider other colours though(although not that orangey tan colour:lol:)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I happened to look at eBay the other day, there's a few sets of dark leather available, I presume you're in the UK?

ALFA 147 3 DOOR BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR COMPLETE 00-05

http://bit.ly/yx47XO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am indeed, Nottingham to be precise.

I too have looked at ebeg/evilbay/eblag(delete as applicable) but bar the black set over in the North West for £300 at a breakers, that was it really.
The red set at Northampton now has the front seats missing as the seller had listed them individually. I guess that was a case of "snooze you loose" on my part.
Clarkes Alfa Breakers have a lovely light colour interior for sale on a "Buy it Now" for £99 which is an absolute bargain, but it's for a 5 door, hence the question :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
You could try autolusso, they break quite a few I believe, they're on here too and might be able to give you a better price

Just a note, if you get the option for heated seats, go for it, I'm tempted to retrofit them myself

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know the code, but it's a dark red.

I'm thinking either black, cream, red or grey would go with it.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Cream or grey would be my choice, I've got black with the black leather, it's nice, but the leather's a very dark grey rather than black

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My fathers was Dolphin grey with Lotus white leather, a stunning colour combo.

My current 635CSi Highline not quite so dramatic in Bronzit beige with natural leather.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, having had a bit of a mooch around the scrapyard earlier today, it would seem that the mechanisms aren't directly interchangeable and that I'd have to get hold of a 3 door set of seat frames to put under the 5 door leather covers.
Also worthy of note, Punto's have the same set up ;)
Either way, it's quite a bit more involved than the VW set up :(

So, does anyone have a 3 door set of leather seats available? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts