Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, decided to take off my front bumper for a complete respray as the stone chips have really got to be dealt with.

My mechanic says the front bumper brackets are heavily rusted and will need sorting out or the bumper will not go back on.

I believe these are easily replaced as opposed to needing welded?

I've spotted which looks like the part here, but can't find the correct one for a 147 anywhere.

All Cars All Parts | Product Details

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers!

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Those are just inner wing brackets. The bumper can attach to the bottom but they are usually like yours .. rusted away and won't hold anything. The bumper is attached across the top edge, to the bottom of the wings and at three points to the radiator cross-member .. the two outer edges won't matter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah I see, so even If I cant get the bumper reattached to these it should still hold securely then I guess? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Might well be a dealer only part - Eper lists them at about £70 each......you may choose to do without!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they are not a necessity I may as well do without. Out of interest I can't quite find them in the Eper catalogue, is it item '6' here in the diagram?

FIAT ePER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts