Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, my '02 2ltr 147 18k on clock has recently been displaying A.B.S V.D.C & A.S.R. warning lights @ first very intermittently then on every startup. On reading through this forum, various contributors mentioned low battery charge could cause these problems. Battery was checked & Lo & behold no green spot was visible (4 1/2yrs old) Found heavy duty one (147 jtd) collected it & that was 6 wks ago new battery still in garage, not once since then have the aforementioned lights made an appearance. Moral - threaten car with new bits. Also to those of you who change their own oil fit a very tight fitting 0 ring on sump plug this makes removal very much easier next time around, I have done this at the last 3 changes & no leaks.

N

·
0 Posts
Wow, you're lucky to get 4 1/2 years
out of a battery with the 147.

Likes to eat them as much as the motor
likes oil. ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey, my 51 plate 2.0TS still has the original battery :)
also has 104k miles on the clock!
very reliable these alfa's

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTEAlso to those of you who change their own oil fit a very tight fitting 0 ring on sump plug this makes removal very much easier next time around, I have done this at the last 3 changes & no leaks.[/QUOTE]

What size o-ring do you recommend? So I have it ready when I next change the oil...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also to those of you who change their own oil fit a very tight fitting 0 ring on sump plug this makes removal very much easier next time around, I have done this at the last 3 changes & no leaks.
What size o-ring do you recommend? So I have it ready when I next change the oil...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, O ring size outside diameter approx 2cm I got mine @ local plumbers merchant. just make sure it's a tight fit in the groove at the bottom of the drain plug also I leave the washer on the plug. lawhop

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
lawhop said:
Hi, O ring size outside diameter approx 2cm I got mine @ local plumbers merchant. just make sure it's a tight fit in the groove at the bottom of the drain plug also I leave the washer on the plug. lawhop
or get a proper Alfa sump plug washer from your dealer, its a copper washer, it's got an element of compression to it, like the old fibre ones fitted to some cars.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
norbert said:
or get a proper Alfa sump plug washer from your dealer, its a copper washer, it's got an element of compression to it, like the old fibre ones fitted to some cars.
btw Part number is 55196309
One pound and eighty six pee including value added tax.
;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts