Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite everyone,my 147 1.6 lusso is spittin out a few failures on the computer.When started from cold it does its checks then reads EBD failure,ABS failure and ASR failure but no warning lights come on.Car feels normal to drive.Assistance on this issue would be welcome. :confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why not try slamming on your brakes to see if the abs is actually working,that could determine if it is a mechanical problem or electrical.

·
Registered
196 Posts
alrite everyone,my 147 1.6 lusso is spittin out a few failures on the computer.When started from cold it does its checks then reads EBD failure,ABS failure and ASR failure but no warning lights come on.Car feels normal to drive.Assistance on this issue would be welcome. :confused:
Mine does that now and again, everything seems to be working though after it dows it. Slammed on the breaks to check the ABS, and try wheelspinning off to check the ASR (shouldn't let you do it properly- if its working)

·
Registered
138 Posts
well my friends, this is a italian car and as we all know there is no such a winters down there so this cars are not really ready for this coming cold, therefore some of you may expect this kind of suprises.

My gave me all possible failures this mornig but all seems to be ok... I did wait a minute or so and I had stopped the engine and started again!!! All good - no errors!

All the best and make sure your babies are warm this winter :)

Luke

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi All, I'm a newbie to the forum but have been reading on and off for a few months. This thread encouraged me to join in.

Has anyone noticed that the ASR has been disabled on newer 147s? Mine is a 2006 TI and came with working ASR. Without being told, in November 2006 the ABS module was replaced (allegedly a recall fix) and the ASR has never worked since. I have taken it to 2 different Alfa dealers who have told me that it's normal how it is now although one of them admitted it was different from another 147 in the workshop and changed the ABS module again. No change. I really miss it, especially with the slippery weather due again.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Incidentally, the interim ABS module would randomly throw VDC failure errors while driving on a straight road and trip the cruise control. The new unit fixed that one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx everyone for your replys but the bad news is the car is now immobile.Went to go to the cash machine on friday and tried to start the car and there was nothing on turn over,just a click.All warning lights flickered on and off but computer was blank,radio electric windows still worked though.After three atempts at start up computer came back on but had reset itself and displayed five failures,EBD,ASR,ABS,EMC and immobilizer.Got a mate round and we jump started it,all ok.Took it for a blast out,engine management light came on and the car shuddered,immediatley went home.Turned the car off and then tried to restart,just clicking again.Tried to jump start again but remained dead with all failures coming through on the computer.Car being towed to garage today.:confused:

N

·
0 Posts
Also know as a dead battery.

The progressive shutdown of systems is normally a symptom of a dead battery.

Jumpstarting the car has probably fritzed the ECU
and you'll have to get it reset after replacing the battery.

There used to be a sticky thread on this very common occurance... :confused:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nev your spot on fella.Just been to pick up the car from the autoelectricians,new battery fitted,ecu reset.Alls well in Alfa land again.Would just like to mention the dealers Q7 cars in Darlington who paid for the towing of the vehicle,new battery,and diagnostic work as it was not covered in the warranty.Only owned the car a little over two month but wasnt expecting the gesture.Brian your a star.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts