Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick guide on how you can replace your parking lights with your turn signals USA/USDM style.

Before I start, I know the general consensus on headlight mods is controversial, but this one in my opinion is tasteful and works quite well on the 147. The idea is your front turn signals stay on at about 40%, and go to 100% when you turn them on. This is quite a common thing on VAG and BMW's and it's actually an option on some in the firmware (for usa cars) and can be activated on non usa cars. And yes, the alfa wasn't available in the usa, and therefore does not have such option.

• WHAT IT IS
Here is an example of what it looks like:

• WHAT YOU NEED
What I have are universal modules that splice into the turn signal wire, and parking light wire.
Like these, but mine have a switch:

After some quick inspection it appears that the 147 facelift headlight uses one connector for all of the lights, which make the job slightly more difficult.

Wiring diagram:

• WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
First you will need to remove the plug, which can be done by pushing the silver bit with a flat head, and then the whole silver ring will slide down.

You will then need to splice into the mentioned wires, the plug will look something like this:
The left side is a bit more difficult due to the short wire, and lack of space.

sorry for the poor diagram

You may need to remove the parking light bulbs, as at least with my modules, the turn signals were very very dim, but your mileage may vary.

Thats it, you now have USDM parking lights. Hope this is helpful to someone, as I could not find much useful info online, for any alfa romeo.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts