Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a mechanical 'tick' noise from my beloved 2007 1.6 147. I've uploaded a clip of the noise, I would be very grateful if anyone can help identify what it is (I'm trying to figure out if I should be worried or not).

When the engine is under load, it seems to go away. When the engine is idling or 'off cam' it seems to appear. It doesn't seem to keep pace with the RPM of the engine, instead it seems to happen every few seconds without a noticeable pattern.

The car hasn't yet had it's cam belt done, I know long overdue but it's a very low milage car (however this tick has got me worried, so it's getting booked in for it's new belt ASAP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgCZl_wkcB0

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I wouldn't use the car until you've done the cambelt. They deteriorate with age not just mileage and you're taking a massive risk. Trust me I've been there.

While you're at it change the water pump too because they are well known for seizing a throwing off the belt.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
The car hasn't yet had it's cam belt done, I know long overdue but it's a very low milage car (however this tick has got me worried, so it's getting booked in for it's new belt ASAP).
Belts don't just wear and stretch .. when the get old they harden and the idler and tensioners also wear .. the official change is 36,000 miles OR three years ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts