Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hope you can help.

I have an 06 147 105hp model, with 14k miles.

Recently, the engine has started to develop a rattle between about 3100 and 3400 rpm.

It is hard to explain the noise, apart from it is just a rattle. It is most noteciable in 1st/2nd gears, but is there in all gears, and in neutral.

Is this a common problem on this model, esp one with such few miles?

Also, is it something simple to sort out, or is a trip to the dealers in order??

Many thanks for all you help!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
The sound described sounds ominously like big ends but I missed the low mileage so I don't think it should be as dramtic as that as long as the oil levels been checked regularly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:(

I have checked the oil regularly alright.

I bought the car with only 8k at the start of the summer, so the mileage shouldn't be an issue, i hope...

I have it booked into a dealer on Tuesday, so I can find out the problem for sure then.

I have next to no mechanical knowledge, but I hope it isnt something as serious as 'big ends'.

There dosn't seem to be any lack of power etc, it is just this rattle.

The car is under warranty from the dealer I bought it off, so if it is something serious like what ye mention, will it be covered??

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brought it in today.

They found it was an exhaust mount was sitting there with all four bolts missing! They said it must have been like that sinse the last service. So it means it will cost me whatever the price of the bolts is, instead of a new engine!

Thanks for all your help guys!

Phew!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts