Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few electrical problems with my 147. All happened together and i am thinking it could just be a fuse, however checked them all and cant seem to find the one at fault.
The electric windows, electric boot button and external thermostat stopped working. The milage is also now flashing. Anyone on here ever have this problem, if so please tell me its just a fuse and if so which one? If it is a fuse i presume it is one of the fuses under the steering wheel. However there is no fuse diagram for these fuses to tell what does what. Bought the car second hand so no manual. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hi Barry & Welcome to Alfa Owners

If they all went out the window at the same time then it is almost certainly a fuse; Maybe a connection plug.

I cant help with which one but would strongly reccommend you spend the £15 and buy the owners handbook! Full of all sorts of really helpfull stuff like which oils to use and what switches do what! :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a few electrical problems with my 147. All happened together and i am thinking it could just be a fuse, however checked them all and cant seem to find the one at fault.
The electric windows, electric boot button and external thermostat stopped working. The milage is also now flashing. Anyone on here ever have this problem, if so please tell me its just a fuse and if so which one? If it is a fuse i presume it is one of the fuses under the steering wheel. However there is no fuse diagram for these fuses to tell what does what. Bought the car second hand so no manual. Any help appreciated.
Could be the drivers window control unit. Check for loose connection

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
How old is your battery?

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Pic below might help ... although it isn't that easy to read. Click on it to make it slightly bigger.

Looks like several fuses and some relays (as you'd expect with doors and windows).

Attachments

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Found this on DTE as well .... this is only for front windows but should help ...

Description of operation
The services relay T13, located in the unit under the dashboard B2, supplies with the above-mentioned
logic and controlled by the Body Computer M1 - pin 14 of connector F - the controls unit on the door
H44 - pins 14 and 25 of connector B, via two lines, protected by the fuses F47 and F48.
The unit H44 contains the commands for the driver's and passenger's windows, which supply - pins 1-2
and 13-14 of connector B - the motors N60 {driver's side} and N61 {passenger's side}.
Pin 2 of connector A of H44 instead receives the command from the electric window switch on the
front door passenger side H50 {this is a simple switch and it does not incorporate any electronics}.
Pins 1-8 and 2-3 of connector A of H44 receive the signals from the anti-collision sensors K22 and
K23.
Via the CAN line, the node H44 connects to the Body Computer M1 Wiring diagram E1050 CAN
CONNECTION LINESand is connected to the climate control unit M70, from which it receives the
recirculation signal.
The aerial receiver P93 sends to the Body Computer M1 the open/close signal for the doors and
windows, connecting to pins 21 and 31 of connector A.
And boot lid ....

Description of operation
The Body Computer M1 receives as input the signals coming from the aerial-receiver P93, which is
connected to pins 21 and 31 of connector A.
Via the CAN line, the Body Computer M1 is connected to the controls unit on the door H44.
The controls unit on the door H44 is supplied - pin 24 of connector B - from the line protected by the
fuse F39 of the unit under the dashboard B2.
The unit H44 receives as input the signal from the release button, located in the controls unit H12, at
pin 3 of connector B.
According to the control logic described above, the unit H44 sends a command from pin 6 of connector
A, which energizes the boot opening relay J56 which, supplied by the line protected by fuse F60 of the
fuse box B98, controls the operation of the boot lock motor N57.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I know this thread is a little old but I've recently suffered the same problem, was this problem resolved? If so, how? I would really appreciate any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andrew, it kinda is and kinda isnt. If you have a fuse diagram of the fuses located under the steering wheel it is fuse F39. The fourth one in from the left on the top row. My solution to the problem is with a pliers pull the fuse and stick it back in again. Sometimes it works away fine for a few days and more times only until you turn the car off. Then when you start it again pull out the fuse and put it back in again. Yes it is a bit of a disaster but that is the only solution i have at the moment. Maybe someone else has a better idea. And i tried a different fuse but same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone found a more permanent solution to this? Any updates – the flashing odometer is driving me mad.
Pretty sure it is the switch unit that controls the windows and wing mirrors. Fault only occurs when I use change the position of the passenger wing mirror. I'll have to get around to replacing the unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure it is the switch unit that controls the windows and wing mirrors. Fault only occurs when I use change the position of the passenger wing mirror. I'll have to get around to replacing the unit.
Let me know if replacing the unit sorts the problem for you. Thanks. Mine still aint sorted :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem after a battery went flat. Fixed all the problems (windows, temp, boot release, climate control) by doing the ECU reset. Think it's in the How To section (Sticky thread)

Hope it fixes it for you :)

D

·
0 Posts
The flashing odometer indicates a CAN fault - have you tried a proxy alignment ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts