Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
See you soon :)
Pud,
Any idea what size spanner I need for the tie rod end. I've tried a 22mm it's to big so went and bought a 21mm and thats to small? Very frustrating. Also any top tips for removing the caliper carrier the bolts have seized. These are jobs I can easily do my self but have become a little stuck.

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
45,453 Posts
22mm it should be, have they been rounded off? A big pair of grips / nutbusters will always do the job too. For the caliper carrier bolts, oxy-acetylene. Get it cherry red, they'll soon crack off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
22mm it should be, have they been rounded off? A big pair of grips / nutbusters will always do the job too. For the caliper carrier bolts, oxy-acetylene. Get it cherry red, they'll soon crack off.
Cheers Dan,

No it not rounded off not sure what's going on with it. If I end up trashing the nut are they easy to get. I'll get burner and give the heat treatment ago.

Now to try and sort the creaking clutch that started over the weekend. Already tried silicone spread. It's gone be a love hate relationship with my DC. LOL.

Cheers again

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Evening guys I'm after a little advice if possible.

My 147 DC's turbo has been making a whinning noise when first started but seems to go after a few mins. It does puff out a little blue smoke when first started and driven off but this only happens once (I assumed this was because of the swirlflap delete) There is a small surge around 2k in 2nd or 3rd but this doesn't happen every time. The car has been remapped, EGR and Swirlflap deleted.

Is this something I should be worried about?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dean

121 - 126 of 126 Posts