Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 52 plate 147 has just started to make a horrible knocking noise when i open and close the door!! what the hell is wrong with it and how ca i fix the problem??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep it'll be the check straps, the bits that stop the door opening too far, lots of cars do it, some earlier than others, should just need tightening.

·
0 Posts
On the 156 it is obvious what needs tightening when the door is open, dunno about the 147 though

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's normally a bolt where it joins the car pillar and one on the door, they can appear tight but will take some more tightening when you get a spanner on them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My 52 reg 147 does this too. Ok, I'll have to look to see if I can tighten them up then. Thanks for the tip everyone!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had a quick look!! to tighten the correct bolts do i need to remove the inside door panel or are they the bolts holding the strap to the outside of the door near where the strap leaves tthe door to connect to the car? a pic would be lovely? as you can tell im useless!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just had look at mine 2001 VELOCE, 156 it would appear that there are 2 aln bolts per hinge, very difficult to access them, without a special tool..My drivers door needs tightening, as there is a bit of a knock at the half way open position.

·
0 Posts
Just took a pic of the ones on my 156 (147 may be different as ai said earlier though)

P1210001.JPG

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi biggus,take a look on page 60 in here at thread by tian147 all the info plus pics you need to sort this ,did mine from this easy job too,sorry cant post link as computer playing up,
ash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts