Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recently a new Alfa driver for the first time. Unfortunately the selespeed didnt work, so i sent it back and they fixed it. But they didnt, so i got my money back.

Now i have no car so i have been looking at the 156. Trouble is im on a budget so i cant be too picky about colour and spec. The main choice is 2.0 or v6. The thing i dont understand is i have looked at a couple of other 2.5V6 and they do 29 MPG where the Alfa does 23 MPG. Such a shame.

I like the big spoiler, makes me feel sportier. It seems to be crap colour and good spec or good colour and crap spec.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Depending on your budget obviously, there are loads of bargains out there!
Economy wise my 156 v6 is mid 30's on a long run, around town much lower, 20ish.
If money is tight then a V6 probably is not your best bet but what are you comparing it to?
The Alfa V6 is the best v6 in the world, thats why it has lasted so long, pretty much unchanged through the years.
Leather and teledial alloys are a must in my opinion but if you do go the v6 or indeed the TS route then budget for a timing belt kit and water pump change if it has no record!!
I paid £355 for mine and it is virtually mint ,Red with black leather and tele's, poor chap had been told the headgasket had gone by the greenflag brigade, nothing more than the w/pump u/s!!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
shame about the selepseed, they can be a bit hit and miss. not good for a 1st timer.tends to put you off the rest of the brand:(

anyway, whats your budget?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just love the Alfa leather interior

i was comparing the V6 with the Jag X type, which seems to do a lot more MPG. different type of car, i know

If i get a 156 it has to be a Veloce. A localish garage has a blue 156 V6 Veloce in blue with cream/white leather, big spoiler, new cambelt and pump with 70k for £2495. Think i will go for a look at the weekend. They also have a silver spider lusso with red leather for a bit more.

I also like the GTV and Spider

·
0 Posts
I just love the Alfa leather interior

i was comparing the V6 with the Jag X type, which seems to do a lot more MPG. different type of car, i know

If i get a 156 it has to be a Veloce. A localish garage has a blue 156 V6 Veloce in blue with cream/white leather, big spoiler, new cambelt and pump with 70k for £2495. Think i will go for a look at the weekend. They also have a silver spider lusso with red leather for a bit more.

I also like the GTV and Spider
get the V6 it was my first alfa, the others have been 2.0's, I want my v6 back :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts