Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,
am looking to change my 147 jtd for the 16v diesel.

my question is: what is the difference between the ti version and the standard lusso. i know a bit of trim here and there, wheels etc, but more specifically, is there a great difference in handling?

i was almost sold on a collezione but it doesn't have cruise control!!

cheers from windy and rainy hampshire!
gary

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
According to the TI brochure, standard Lusso spec includes:
CD player
6 airbags
Remote central locking
Fog lights
Alarm / Immobiliser
Dual zone climate control
Trip Computer
Cruise Control
Leather steering wheel with audio controls.

The TI pack adds:
Unique 17" alloy wheels
Rear spoiler
Sports suspension
Leather interior
Rear parking sensor

This is copied straight from the brochure, PM me if you want a PDF copy of it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jamie, i have the brochure.

i was wondering if there was much difference in handling / driving?

cheers
gary

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Apart from the TI, I've only driven a normal Lusso on 16" wheels - the dealership demonstrator - so I don't know how a normal 147 would be on either 15" or 17" wheels, so disregard as much of this as you want :).

The TI is less compliant, so has a more jiggly ride, but I'd say it feels more planted. In absolute terms of handling, I'd say there's not much in it because they both understeer to about the same extent but if you stay inside that limit then the TI feels more stable, less roly-poly.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I asked in the Swindon dealership what the difference was between ti and lusso and they didn't even know!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I'm surprised to see that the Ti has 'sports suspension'. The one I looked at looked like a monster truck.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers all,
the general opinion is not very much.

i am a lazy driver anyway, so the little bit of extra grip will probably just pass me by anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Ti is very stiff. It's fantastic on good roads, but if you happen to frequent the kind of dire roads we have here then it makes for a gruesome drive.

AFAIK it has the same 150 bhp engine, the only difference is some interior decals and "sport" suspension, slightly lowered and Ti alloys which can be a pita to find.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce
341 Posts
They also have black headlining instead of grey. I miss mine, great little car although the ride was rubbish on bad roads.. My GT on 18s rides significantly better.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
You did notice that the thread was six years old, didn't you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts