Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've posted my issues with my newly purchased 147 before. I think i've got to the bottom of my 'Code' error when starting the car (jiggle the steering column around and give it a whack near the barrel and no 'Code' so clearly the ariel loose near the barrel) but have still yet to sort this out.

My rev counter is dead. I can rev as much as I want, it remains with the needle down on 0. Illuminates fine with the lights, no other issues that I can find, just doesn't work.

Is there a dedicated fuse just for this? If not is this a common fault or not and where would I look for a cause?

On my old 156 the rev counter was a unit on it's own I could remove, but looks like the entire instrument cluster is one piece on the 147...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sharpshooter - i'll have a look at the crank shaft sensor shortly. I'm a little unconvinced though - have had CSS issues with a couple of previous cars and there was always more symptoms than this!!

Had a dig about in the fuse box this morning, found a broken fuse but it was for the heated seats (which now work!!) but nothing else...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just tried an ECU reset as well, no change. Don't think I have time today and it's just started raining but will have the instrument cluster out and see if there's a dodgy connection there or something...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts