Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody I have been thinking about taking the cats outta my 1.6 147.What im wondering about is how it will affect the car aside maybe from getting a little more grunt,will I need a different rear lambda sensor as the gas(because of the removed front cats)maybe too poullated and as a result read a problem with the ecu.Has anybody done this.ps it 1.6 120bhp model

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
for the lambda sensors you can just ground them (attach to the metal bodywork) and this turns it off.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Whatever you do, remember to use stainless steel bolts/nuts as when you get to MOT time, you will have to refit cats to pass your equivalent of the MOT and sure as hell, they will be rusted tight!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I have de cat my 147 (the metal cats - pre cats). They were both cracked inside the exhaust line. I've cuted the pre cats pipe from the top, cleaned the interior of the exhaust line, and have it "glued" again. The 2 lambda sensors are still atached to the original place - since the exterior of the line looks the same. And no errors!
Even so, it passed the MOT, because the pre cats only work when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have de cat my 147 (the metal cats - pre cats). They were both cracked inside the exhaust line. I've cuted the pre cats pipe from the top, cleaned the interior of the exhaust line, and have it "glued" again. The 2 lambda sensors are still atached to the original place - since the exterior of the line looks the same. And no errors!
Even so, it passed the MOT, because the pre cats only work when the engine is cold.
Have anyone else did this? I have removed my cat and I need to replace the rear lambda. I wonder if it is going to cause ecu errors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts