Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I realized my used 147 does a clicking noise when turning with the steering wheel at full lock and acceleration. Not really loud, fast and identical clicks, definitely a CV joint noise. The steering and suspension feels amazing though, no play or other problems.

1st question, due to complex nature of the 147s front suspension, is there a chance something else might be involved? (The anti roll bar was changed 1500km ago, as soon as I bought the car. It was making noises on every bump or direction change, they stopped when it was replaced)

2nd question, is it ok to drive it like this as long as it makes such a subtle noise and only when doing full lock turns while accelerating?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Outer cv joint. Ok to drive it will just get noisier. It will make financial sense to change anything else that's looking a little tired while doing the cv joint.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Outer cv joint. Ok to drive it will just get noisier. It will make financial sense to change anything else that's looking a little tired while doing the cv joint.
Its nowhere near noisy now. Barely audible only with the radio off and windows closed, and only when heavily accelerating with full lock.
My timing belt kit change is scheduled for September. Also brake pads, and whatever else we find. I doubt I will do more than 2000km until then. Should I leave it and do it all together? (as long as it doesn't get noisy)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts