Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i have bought a 147 now the cruise control on it doesn't work! I've read around that there's is a switch of the clutch pedal to check and maybe a fuse too which i will check over the weekend! the owner i bought it from told me he changed the instrument panel when it was new from black to white ones from another 147! i can't see the on the speed the cruise control light (because on the white dials it should show even when the light is off) so am suspecting that the instrument panel is from a 147 without cruise control, if so will this disable the cruise control?

thank you all

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Doubt it...much more likely to be related to the clutch switch....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Have you found the micro switch and pressure plate on the clutch pedal?

If you have then you've got cruise control.
Sometimes the pressure plate doesn't quite press in the micro switch, stick a penny on the pressure plate this should give the the pressure plate enough travel to active the micro switch

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you found the micro switch and pressure plate on the clutch pedal?

If you have then you've got cruise control.
Sometimes the pressure plate doesn't quite press in the micro switch, stick a penny on the pressure plate this should give the the pressure plate enough travel to active the micro switch

no not yet will do later this week! thanks

re the speedo how can i check if its the right one for my car? thank you

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
stick a penny on the pressure plate this should give the the pressure plate enough travel to active the micro switch
Or you could do the job properly! Remove the switch, pull out the plunger, refit the switch & press the pedal. The switch will automatically reset.

The light on the dash can function in two different ways. On earlier cars it comes on when the cruise control switch is moved to the "on" position, on later cars it lights up only when a speed has been set.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
True but the way I know costs 1p ?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I seen replace switch in that post ?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Obviously didn't read it properly haha