Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems all we do on this forum is complain about our cars' niggling little faults...Go to a Toyota or BMW forum...they are not allowed to complain, all they talk about is fitting turbo's and how they kicked what car's ***, but they fail to post about the cluthces and MAF sensors etc.

Any way, I'm loving my 147 2.0, so much so that not since my Guillietta 2.0 have I felt the urge to just look for an excuse to drive my Alfa...it's amazing how these car's makes one feel, like you want to just get it and drive, twisties, straights everything seems a joy now that the H&R's are in...looking for FSD soon!

Oh...there is a noise from the rear left wheel...the noise increases as the speed of the wheel rotation increases and vice versa...what could it be...don't tell me its wheel bearing pls! The car only has 69000km on the clock but its 5 years old!

Could it be the bearings? I haven't had someone look or "listen" to the noise yet since I dont trust many of these UNIVERSAL WORK ON EVERYTHING makkies...anyone know anything...it's going for a service hopefully next weekend!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
hate to be the bearer of bad news but probably a wheel bearing,dont worry its not a massive job, the milleage is not what deturmines wear, if u drive it like a track car all day,putting sideways forces on the wheel,they can fail in 20 000kms:wow:
do u have an amp in the car it could also be suppresion noise from the amp,speculating here:confused:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No...no amp just BOSE sound:) I suspected as much...but how long can I drive like this...I must say I've driven the car quite hard since I got it...

The car is going to alfa and omega in 2 weeks for a normal service...then this will be sorted...thing is I'll have to drive the car to work and back for the next 2 weeks!!!

so will it brake anything else?

·
Registered
459 Posts
:tut: The garage will probably tell you it is bearings, but do yourself a favour and check out your tryre as any irregularities in the tyre could also make a noise that sounds like a wheel bearing. In particular check for heel and toe wear ie. the front of a particular tread block is lower or higher than the rear end of the same tread block, also check for any noticable flat spots on the tyre. 2 friends of mine changed the wheel bearings on their GTV's only to find that the noise was still there and only went away after they changed tyres. In fact I drove one of them to Durbs after the new bearings but before the new tyres and it was painful:rant: :wow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts