Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The climate control unit in my 2003 147 2.0 TS Lusso has lost the plot. Well, the display mostly shows random segments even though the controls still work so it's tricky to know what the thing is doing - PITA!

This seems to be a known problem that is fixable with a little soldering but I don't want to have the car in bits while I work on the car's original unit. I thought of buying a second hand one, and giving it the once over before swapping it into the car. Looked on ebay and found a seller with a new LHD control panel for less than some of the S/H rhd ones...

So my questions: What is the difference between the RHD and LHD units? Can I use a LHD unit in a RHD car without changing anything? Would there be a downside or loss of functionality?

Or if anyone has a spare clean known good RHD control unit, I'd be happy to hear from you too.

All advice welcome. Thanks in advance :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Would have thought the main difference will be that the controls will be reversed, ie you will have the heated rear screen and demist buttons nearest the driver and the ac, mono and auto buttons near the passenger, but would think it will be plug and play apart from that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im pretty sure they are the same for LHD and RHD. The buttons on the LHD are exactly same place as my RHD alfa 147. Id imagine the only difference would be is that the temp rings are reversed so the controller is controlling your side and not the passengers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts