Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive been looking at a few facelift 147's lately.

Which models have the chrome strip on the boot/hatch - is it all of them?

Thanks,

·
Administrator
86,762 Posts
All of the facelifts until they decided to remove it sometime around the end of 2005 I think.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
All of the facelifts until they decided to remove it sometime around the end of 2005 I think.
Unfortunately, the strip is still there, it is just color coded. Looks even cheaper. Actualy if there has to be some strip, I prefer the chromed one.

·
Administrator
86,762 Posts
Unfortunately, the strip is still there, it is just color coded. Looks even cheaper. Actualy if there has to be some strip, I prefer the chromed one.
The strip is not there, but the recess in the tailgate for it remains (They removed the trim but didn't bother to re design the tailgate without the recess :tut: )

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, thanks for your help folks - but can I take it that I shouldnt be too worried about it not being on then?!

Just wanted to check as I looked at a very nice '56 plate 147 earlier and it didnt have it on - and I wasnt sure if maybe it had fallen off or something?

I must admit, although I dont really like the trim personally - I'm undecided as to wether its better 'with' or 'without' and a recess where it should have been?

Car was very nice though, silver with red leather interior :inlove:

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
The strip is not there, but the recess in the tailgate for it remains (They removed the trim but didn't bother to re design the tailgate without the recess :tut: )
So there must be more versions, with recess and with color coded trim as I have seen these as well. Unfortunately I found only this picture now and I am not sure from the photo if it is recess or trim :)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts