Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine is the bum basic Turismo spec, so doesn't come with a front centre arm rest. seen them on e bay for sensible money, but will these fit the basic console? they look like they could fit in the rectangular cubby behind the cup holder - but do they? i know i could replace the whole console with one with the armrest fitted, but there's no point of making a bigger job out of it than i have to.

·
Registered
107 Posts
From memory (!!) the arm rest is actually fixed to the side of the drivers seat, not to the console.
I think youre making the same mistake I did... Thats the 156 armrest.... Did this job myself about 6 months ago... Easy enough just fiddly...

The armrest screws into a metal frame under the console, so you need that aswel...

You need to remove the console (be careful I split mine down the side of the handbrake!) Not visible but still the cause of a few words my mother wouldn't like! Haha... :cool:

once the console is out the frame sits between the air ducting and the inside of the console you will need to drill out a couple of rivets to separate the 2...

The square cubby needs to be trimmed back (almost completely) so the rest can sit in the frame correctly... It won't be visible once the arm rest is in place...

The metal frame bolts into the floor, do this first (fiddly) while it is sat inside the console... Then screw the console into place loosely and then its a fiddle to get the air vents back in as it will probably pop out as you are fiddling with bolts...

Arm rest just screws into the top of the frame which u will be able to see through the newly cut hole... (Check it all screws together flush before fitting it back into the car... I ended up doing the job twice as I didn't trim enough....

Also might be worth trying to get your hands on a GT console... I wish I'd swapped mine while it was out....:thumbs:

Any problems let me know hopefully I'll remember how I did it...

·
Registered
107 Posts
And yep... Mine started off my ownership as a turismo.... It now has cruise, dual zone climate control waiting to go in and some heated leather ordered :D its like pimp my ride only less **** haha

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have recently installed a facelifted centre console in my 147 but my old air vent is worn and the chrome trim has all but vanished.
Quick question, can I replace with a vent from the dashboard since they tend to be more available????

·
Registered
219 Posts
You could swap the centre console for a GT console and arm rest. Bit of a faff but worth it. Have a look at my Garage pictures for a nice example. Also, I am pretty sure the dashboard and console vents are generic.

·
Registered
218 Posts
thanks, will go and source one!
As for the centre console, I've just installed the facelifted version which is ok for now! Have more urgent exterior work to worry about at the moment.

Just installed the facelift rear bumper and have a tailgate to go on but without the holes in the glass for the spoiler....was wondering whether to have a go at drilling the holes myself or not?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts