Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm new to this site, in hope of some help with my central locking problem! All of a sudden this afternoon while out, after using the key to lock the doors, so as to disable the alarm as the dog was in the car, the remote central locking stopped. You can hear the doors trying to open but nothing. The boot opened fine, so had to climb in and open doors from inside. I've since changed the battey in the key fob, but still nothing. It locks as soon as it opens. I can get into the drivers side door by using the key in one hand and pulling the handle super fast before it locks. Help, this is a real pain!:confused:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I'd do what John suggests.

For future reference, you can disable the volumetric sensors via the ignition switch, which will then allow you to use the remote locking. I can't remember the exact sequence, so you'll have to check in your handbook, but it's something like on-off twice within a couple of seconds - the alarm light on the dash will light up to confirm the operation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My remote control seems to act rather sporadically, most of the time it works with the remote but it will randomly stop working and I have to manually use the key to open/lock the doors (no problem with alarm/immobiliser so far). The battery seems okay as the fob flashes as the handbook says. Would the battery reset thing work in that instance?

Ta

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much, I'll try the car battery, I was just worried that I'd lose the radio code?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My remote control seems to act rather sporadically, most of the time it works with the remote but it will randomly stop working and I have to manually use the key to open/lock the doors (no problem with alarm/immobiliser so far). The battery seems okay as the fob flashes as the handbook says. Would the battery reset thing work in that instance?
hi Parkydriver.

i am also looking at how to fix this, for some reason my car will open and close fine with the locks then every so often it will not react when trying to open via fob (always seems to lock fine). the amount of times i have had the alarm going off at 8am in the morning!!

i have found though that when it doesn't open via fob. turn key in door to unlock then without opening the door, press the unlock button again on fob. for some reason every time this seems to work for me and car will unlock how its supposed to.

i really want to know whats causing this tempremental unlocking though and if there is anyway to fix it??

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done folks, disconnected the battery and lo and behold I can open all the doors and they all now open and lock with the key fob! Brilliant!:) ...and still have radio woo hoo!
(boot has decided its stuck and won't open, but that's another problem to fix!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi on our 147 have the same issue with the blipper not operating the central locking. The battery was disconnected for a long while and have tried unlocking the key holding and pressing the unlock button but no joy.
I don’t know if the following is normal but when I turn the key to unlock the system automatically locks again unless I hold the key in the unlock position or pull on the handle quickly.

is there a way to see if the key is sending a signal?
have replaced the battery and unfortunately at the moment only have the one key.

Also when pressing the locking button inside the car it locks but when pressed again it doesn’t unlock. Is this normal?

Any suggestions would be welcomed

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,732 Posts
Could be one of the microswitches in the door locks may be jammed or faulty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi and thanks for the reply

I did wonder if there might be another issue, I can see I will have to take the door cards off and have a delve
Hi i got a problem with central locking the wont unlock with the remote it locks itself instead.

Battery was removed for ecu reset, unlocking driver door manually with the key makes the central lock lock all the doors in 1 sec

Multiecuscan says unlocking relay signal low.

Any idea what can i do ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts