Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First post and all that! I have just purchased a 147 1.6 turismo (52). The car has a radio/cassette, which I was surprised about, until I noticed today that there is a cable in the boot for a cd changer.

The cable has a 13pin male socket on the end, and there are 4 screw holes where it looks like a disk changer once lived.

From my research so far, I think I may need either a CDC-A08, or a CDC-A03? Can anybody help me to clarify? The radio/cassette is standard.

Also, will it take much to wire in the disc changer, or is this cable the only thing which needs to power and connect one?

I have found a couple of sources on ebay for the A08 and A03. Will I require a security code with the changer?

Thanks in advance!

G

·
Right first of all, yes the Blaupunkts that you mention ARE compatible with yours. Be aware though there are A08's dotted around on ebay that only work with really old Blaupunkt HU's - confusing, I know.

Re: the cable...if you check the rear of the HU to see if the BLUE connector (plug) is plugged in (not the blank blue spacer) then this is a tell tale if this will go straight to the changer end. The changer end has another black connector (this time a socket) where the changer plugs into. This is what it looks like:

Blaupunkt cable

This is the INCORRECT changer to go for (it won't work):

Blaupunkt CDC-A03 10 Disc CD Changer - Part: 7607768510 on eBay, also Blaupunkt, CD Changers Combos, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 07-Feb-08 16:45:56 GMT)

This is the CORRECT one to go for which is available in black or silver & A08 should look like this too but only in black:

Blaupunkt CDC-A03 CD changer

You can go for another make (the HU and changer have to talk the same language), but only a Sony and if you buy one of these:

Alfa Romeo 147 and 156 CD Changer Interface Adaptor 2 (Sony) - ADD A CD Changer

No security code is required for a changer. I'd personally avoid ebay - I got one and it was knackered but thanfully I managed to get my money back. I sourced one brand new in the end from bluespot but now they are unavailable except from here (worth shelling out for new imo!):

Alfa Romeo 147 and 156 CD Changer (PACK 2 - Blaupunkt) - ADD A CD Changer (cable is also INCLUDED)

As I say, I retro fitted my A03 from Bluespot and also purchased the boot carpet trim which means mine is fully integrated (and neatly hidden) into the car as it would have done back at the factory - best of all it only cost £22 and it was pretty easy to fit too:). It won't fit a Sony changer though, only the Blaupunkts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G

·
Attached are a couple of pics of how I have retro fitted the CD changer and it looks very smart too I think :).

BTW - Does anyone else have the lid on the CD changer compartment????

Attachments

G

·
CD CHANGER BLAUPUNKT CDC A08 10 Disc ROVER AUDI VW on eBay, also Blaupunkt, CD Changers Combos, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 05-Feb-08 20:33:22 GMT)

That's great, thanks for your response. I notice then that there is more than one changer using the cdc-a03 code. The link above is for a cdc-a08, which looks like the cdc-a03 you said was ok. will this cdc-a08 work ok?
Mmmmm...I'm not too sure as I think the connection is a round 13 Pin DIN which won't work. Then again you can buy another adapter, so who knows! : Blaupunkt CDC-A05, CDC-F05 adaptor

All I know is getting the bus lead shown here: Blaupunkt cable will work with a A03 or A08 with the a square plug that plugs into the black section of the lead (if that makes sense!!).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just about to buy a GT without CD changer. Does the cable automatically get fitted with the loom when it is built or will I have to fit one. Will the CDC-A03 work with the GT? There are a few on ebay

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
the cable is a separate item, and not part of the factory wiring. so this will need to be installed (and purchased with the CD changer).

i don't know about the various types of changer, so can't confirm if the A03 will work. presumably it does though.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts