Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Got my topic created some days ago. Lately I have installed gta brembo brake kit to my alfa romeo 147 1.9 jtd q2. But there is a problem. Original 5 spoke 17" q2 wheels are rubbing to calipers. So I had made 5 mms of spacer at a lather. Got my adjustments but I feel not safe. Because it has been so custom, there is no vibration (except engine hopping cuz of mountings) but there had been a lot of gaskets and flanges around disc and wheel.

What can be done in better safe way. New wheels? (Open to proposals and advices) or better spacers like eibach or HR?

One more question, Our bolt pattern is 5x98, can 5x100 fit without problem? Cause of there are a lot of 5x100 rims but less 5x98. Thanks.

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
5x100 PCD wheels can be used with wobbly-bolts, but you need to make sure the centre-bore is the correct 58.1mm.
Some VW/Audi use 5x100 PCD, but they have a smaller 57.1mm centre-bore.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5x100 PCD wheels can be used with wobbly-bolts, but you need to make sure the centre-bore is the correct 58.1mm.
Some VW/Audi use 5x100 PCD, but they have a smaller 57.1mm centre-bore.
Oh ok. Thanks for the answer. If i can find a good one I will check the centre bore too.

Is there a place that I can buy orignal gt q2 18 " wheels for alfa romeo?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi everyone. Got my topic created some days ago. Lately I have installed gta brembo brake kit to my alfa romeo 147 1.9 jtd q2. But there is a problem. Original 5 spoke 17" q2 wheels are rubbing to calipers. So I had made 5 mms of spacer at a lather. Got my adjustments but I feel not safe. Because it has been so custom, there is no vibration (except engine hopping cuz of mountings) but there had been a lot of gaskets and flanges around disc and wheel.

What can be done in better safe way. New wheels? (Open to proposals and advices) or better spacers like eibach or HR?

One more question, Our bolt pattern is 5x98, can 5x100 fit without problem? Cause of there are a lot of 5x100 rims but less 5x98. Thanks.
Might be doing this myself sometime so I'm interested to know are you using the 305 or 330 Brembo kit? Would have thought the 305 kit would have fitted ok or are you using adaptors to mount the calipers rather than Gta uprights?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be doing this myself sometime so I'm interested to know are you using the 305 or 330 Brembo kit? Would have thought the 305 kit would have fitted ok or are you using adaptors to mount the calipers rather than Gta uprights?
It's 305 mm one but we can not use gta uprights I guess. Because of gta's steering root (gear) is different from ours. If I understand you mean the part that discs get mounted which I know is brake foot.

I used an adaptor which has been sized at a lathor between brake foot and disc to not lock it down. After that we had problem of caliper rubbing to rim so used 5 mms of flanges. I don't knoıw how will I put and remove wheels alone or in another place cuz it had been a lot of custom work for me. So that makes me uncomfortable.

But according to what I learn, I will already use a little flange too if I try to put 5x100 wheel.

So best option is to wait a better 17" or 18" alfa romeo 5x98 wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts