Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So i got my car last weekend and during the week as i've been driving it to work i've noticed that the cd player in the bose stereo system is VERY sensitive - it skips at every tiny little bump in the road (which is very irritating). I haven't tried the cd changer in the boot yet though, has anyone else had this problem? is it better to just keep cd's in the changer? or did you find changing the stereo a better option?

I've got a Alpine headunit i can use but obviously if I put this in the car, I wont be able to use the changer...

Any thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Kelly, My 147 as the same Bose system. Both my Cd changer and head unit don't seem to skip at all. Even on rough roads. I think you may have a problem with your head unit. Raz

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no :( thanks for your reply anyway i'll try putting the cd's in the changer tomorrow see if that makes a difference :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
maybe no connection but i have the Bose system in my 156 and that skips when in the auto changer on pot holes and uneven roads havent tried the cd player in the center consol when driving yet though

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you have a multi-changer, it is worth checking that they have removed the transit bolts and there is a setting on it to adjust the shock mechanism to deal with the changer being either set horizontal or vertical- sometimes this can be wrong. I had skipping in mine and we checked these mechanical issues first but in the end i had to get a replacement changer unit under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
What size wheels do you have?

Combination of my 17" wheels and a bumpy road causes the in dash CD player to jump and skip like a kangeroo! The road to work has roadwork patches every 20 metres so I used to have to turn it off or switch to the radio.

I asked the same type of questions 6 months ago. It could possibly be down to the hard ride, or alternatively down to CD sensitivity.

I recommend changing to an iPod and you don't need to worry about any of it!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Combination of my 17" wheels and a bumpy road causes the in dash CD player to jump and skip like a kangeroo! The road to work has roadwork patches every 20 metres so I used to have to turn it off or switch to the radio.

I asked the same type of questions 6 months ago. It could possibly be down to the hard ride, or alternatively down to CD sensitivity.

I recommend changing to an iPod and you don't need to worry about any of it!
I've got 16" wheels on there at the mo...

Put the cd's in the changer today instead and it seems to be ok, only drove her round the block though :)

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
16s should be better than 17s. Perhaps it is just a sensitivity thing.

Anyway, I would still recommend an iPod link up. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts

Ah, that would be kangAroo!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all,

I've just bought a 147 selespeed and it doesn't seem to have a changer in the boot - unless it's hidden! I have the bose sound system; if the changer isn't there, how easy is it to get one second hand & are there any makes in particular that are compatible other than the standard? I've noticed elsewhere on this forum that the blaupunkt changer is compatible with the standard head unit..

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Head units are Blaupunkt. Should be easy enough for Halfrauds or any other ICE supplier to tell you what is compatible.

However, I'd go with Marko and recommend an iPod connection (Alfa OEM version or Dension Icelink). If youa re going to the trouble of buying and linking up a CD changer, spend a simliar amount and get an iPod. They both connect to the same plug on the back of the headunit. This does mean you can't do both though.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My cd head unit skips on most songs as I crash through every pothole, manhole cover, drain or any tiny blemish in the road surface!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
My cd head unit skips on most songs as I crash through every pothole, manhole cover, drain or any tiny blemish in the road surface!
Ditto, I'm totally used to it now though so it's not as annoying as it used to be :D

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
I'd not seen the Gateway products. Thanks.

Looks like there is a Gateway 500 option now. Unfortunatley it doesn't appear to be compatible with the 147 Blaupunkts. Would have to stick with the 400 series as you suggested. As you said, Best of Both Worlds. certainly a good idea if you want to link other devices to it or if you want to retain the CD Changer function.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
The head unit shouldnt skip - the changers in these cars do though.

If you change the head unit - the Bose wont work, as the amp sends a signal to the head unit to decrese the line levels, this is a unique function.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts